Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Lost Internet Connection

Lost Internet Connection

=?Utf-8?B?TWV0RWRpdG9yWg==?=

Hi,

A friend's son is using a 15-month old Del with Del wireless equipment. The
main computer is plugged into the wireless router and the son's is in the
adjacent bedroom.

All was fine until a few weeks ago after the son's friend brought over a
game to play on the Internet. Now the Internet has stopped working. The
wireless router reports a strong connection and a third laptop is able to use
the network.

The "Networks" section of "Control Panel" shows a message that a cable is
disconnected. We unplugged and plugged back in the cable for the wireless
transmitter, and shut down the cable modem and wireless router. Still can't
get it to work, even though, again, the wireless software reports a strong
signal.

Thoughts?

Tim

Jack

Hi
The Cable has nothing to do with it. It is Windows way to tell you that this
is a dead connetion, the Kids probably end up trashing the Wireless
Settings.

Reinstall and reconfigure the Wireless Settings of the computer.

Jack (MVP-Networking).

P.S, Check for Internet Infestations as well.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...