Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > DVD Won't Play On My Computer

DVD Won't Play On My Computer

DVD

I just bought a new DVD but when I try to play it on my computer it just
won't open. If I look at the DVD drive it's empty.
Anyone have any idea why?

Thank-you

blowthelidoff@included.com

On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 02:09:58 GMT, "DVD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I just bought a new DVD but when I try to play it on my computer it just
>won't open. If I look at the DVD drive it's empty.
>Anyone have any idea why?
>
>Thank-you

Dude

DVDs are supposed to be played on your TELEVISION......
NOT YOUR COMPUTER.

papaknowsbest4u

I've had that happen occasionally in the past. In some cases the DVD will
eventually be recognized and read OK if you try it multiple times, maybe
requiring 50-100 tries. Also be sure to try restarting your computer, as
well as cleaning the DVD with mild liquid dishwashing detergent. Hold it
under the faucet to get it wet, then squirt on some soap and rub it around
with your fingers, then wash it off in the running water. Do not wipe it
dry, which will scratch the DVD. You can hold the DVD firmly and throw off
most of the water with centrifical force, then press it dry between paper
towels on a flat surface.

DVDs usually open fine on a computer with a working DVD drive with
appropriate drivers and software installed. It's pretty rare, but some DVDs
are incompatible with certain DVD drives. The only way to find out is try a
different DVD drive.

That's partly why it's a good idea to have two working DVD drives of
different brands/manufacturers installed. If one won't work, try the other
one.

It could also be a bad DVD, but it's probably OK if it plays on the
standalone DVD player on your TV set.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 02:09:58 GMT, "DVD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I just bought a new DVD but when I try to play it on my computer it just
>>won't open. If I look at the DVD drive it's empty.
>>Anyone have any idea why?
>>
>>Thank-you
>>

> Dude
>
> DVDs are supposed to be played on your TELEVISION......
> NOT YOUR COMPUTER.

Dr. DVD

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 02:09:58 GMT, "DVD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I just bought a new DVD but when I try to play it on my computer it just
>>won't open. If I look at the DVD drive it's empty.
>>Anyone have any idea why?
>>
>>Thank-you
>>

> Dude
>
> DVDs are supposed to be played on your TELEVISION......
> NOT YOUR COMPUTER.

That's plain dumb kid. People play DVD's on their portable players which are
not much different from a laptop DVD player.