Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > font color not renedered in table

font color not renedered in table

bbxrider

i have this css class
..tble1, .tble1 TD, .tble TH
{
font-family:verdana;
font-size:10pt;
colorrange;
}
and invoke it in a table

i get the font style and size ok in the td's, but color is always white

it needs to be done differently?
bob

Bone Ur

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sat, 03 Nov 2007 22:18:15 GMT
bbxrider scribed:

> i have this css class
> .tble1, .tble1 TD, .tble TH
> {
> font-family:verdana;
> font-size:10pt;
> colorrange;
> }
> and invoke it in a table
>
> i get the font style and size ok in the td's, but color is always white
>
> it needs to be done differently?
> bob

Not sure, but I think Verdana only comes in white.

--
Bone Ur
Cavemen have formidable pheromones.

dorayme

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"bbxrider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> i have this css class
> .tble1, .tble1 TD, .tble TH
> {
> font-family:verdana;
> font-size:10pt;
> colorrange;
> }
> and invoke it in a table
>
> i get the font style and size ok in the td's, but color is always white
>
> it needs to be done differently?
> bob

Try this instead:

..tble1 {color: orange; background: white;}

or

table.tble1 {color: orange; background: white;}

Your comma separated shorthand constructions are wrong.

--
dorayme

richard

On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 15:18:15 -0700, bbxrider wrote:

> i have this css class
> .tble1, .tble1 TD, .tble TH
> {
> font-family:verdana;
> font-size:10pt;
> colorrange;
> }
> and invoke it in a table
>
> i get the font style and size ok in the td's, but color is always white
>
> it needs to be done differently?
> bob

It may be that the word "orange" is not recognized by the type of html you
are using. Try using color:#FF00FF or color:RGB(0,0,0)
Only a limited few color names are allowed in transitional.

dorayme

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 15:18:15 -0700, bbxrider wrote:
>
> > i have this css class
> > .tble1, .tble1 TD, .tble TH
> > {
> > font-family:verdana;
> > font-size:10pt;
> > colorrange;
> > }
> > and invoke it in a table
> >
> > i get the font style and size ok in the td's, but color is always white
> >
> > it needs to be done differently?
> > bob

> It may be that the word "orange" is not recognized by the type of html you
> are using. Try using color:#FF00FF or color:RGB(0,0,0)
> Only a limited few color names are allowed in transitional.

Or perhaps particular browsers? All mine show it even with
doctypes changed to various ones or no doctype? Have heard this
about orange before, come to think of it, in some posts here.

I thought that the comma construction in this case would not work
but was wrong. Sorry.

(just btw, I don't think #fof is orange. #f90 might do)

--
dorayme

bbxrider

thanks folks i think i tried all the suggestions but still no luck
even tried a different dtd from strict to transitional
if your still interested the page is:
http://www.1614-douglas-road.com/c15.html
i tried color=black as well as the #......s
i must have some basic 101 problem
bob

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 15:18:15 -0700, bbxrider wrote:
>>
>> > i have this css class
>> > .tble1, .tble1 TD, .tble TH
>> > {
>> > font-family:verdana;
>> > font-size:10pt;
>> > colorrange;
>> > }
>> > and invoke it in a table
>> >
>> > i get the font style and size ok in the td's, but color is always white
>> >
>> > it needs to be done differently?
>> > bob

>> It may be that the word "orange" is not recognized by the type of html
>> you
>> are using. Try using color:#FF00FF or color:RGB(0,0,0)
>> Only a limited few color names are allowed in transitional.

> Or perhaps particular browsers? All mine show it even with
> doctypes changed to various ones or no doctype? Have heard this
> about orange before, come to think of it, in some posts here.
>
> I thought that the comma construction in this case would not work
> but was wrong. Sorry.
>
> (just btw, I don't think #fof is orange. #f90 might do)
>
> --
> dorayme

Bone Ur

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 04 Nov 2007 02:58:16
GMT bbxrider scribed:

> thanks folks i think i tried all the suggestions but still no luck
> even tried a different dtd from strict to transitional
> if your still interested the page is:
> http://www.1614-douglas-road.com/c15.html
> i tried color=black as well as the #......s
> i must have some basic 101 problem
> bob

From what I see, the content is within links - which will inherit the link
color.

--
Bone Ur
Cavemen have formidable pheromones.

rf

"bbxrider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> thanks folks i think i tried all the suggestions but still no luck
> even tried a different dtd from strict to transitional
> if your still interested the page is:
> http://www.1614-douglas-road.com/c15.html

<sigh> Would it not have been a whole lot quicker to have provided this link
in your original post? Then we wouldn't have had to waste a whole morning
conjecturing what may be wrong.

The text that you want to be orange is in anchor (<a>). elements

You specify .tble1 {color: black;} but you also specify a {color: #fffff}.
Guess which rule is more specific to those anchor elements?

BTW this took me about three seconds to determine with Firebug. Simply point
to the offending text and read off the style pane what style rules apply to
that text and, more to the point, which have been overridden.

I recommend you install Firebug. If you need to ask here again then supply
the URL up front.

Oh, BTW, do not publish an image to the web that is over half a megabyte.
It's a waste of my bandwidth and yes, sometimes I pay $0.25 per megabyte.

--
Richard.

Jonathan N. Little

#1 Your TABLE is *not* inside the DIV that you styled with color orange.

#2 You have styled your links <A> as white, which they are per your
stylesheet:

a {

color: #fff;

font-weight: bold;

text-decoration: none;

}

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Blinky the Shark

rf wrote:

> "bbxrider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> thanks folks i think i tried all the suggestions but still no luck
>> even tried a different dtd from strict to transitional
>> if your still interested the page is:
>> http://www.1614-douglas-road.com/c15.html

><sigh> Would it not have been a whole lot quicker to have provided this link
> in your original post? Then we wouldn't have had to waste a whole morning
> conjecturing what may be wrong.
>
> The text that you want to be orange is in anchor (<a>). elements
>
> You specify .tble1 {color: black;} but you also specify a {color: #fffff}.
> Guess which rule is more specific to those anchor elements?
>
> BTW this took me about three seconds to determine with Firebug. Simply point
> to the offending text and read off the style pane what style rules apply to
> that text and, more to the point, which have been overridden.
>
> I recommend you install Firebug. If you need to ask here again then supply
> the URL up front.
>
> Oh, BTW, do not publish an image to the web that is over half a megabyte.
> It's a waste of my bandwidth and yes, sometimes I pay $0.25 per megabyte.

I don't pay per use, but with that kind of huge image, I still move on
and another site gets my attention and/or money.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups