Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > running xp home 32bit will 64bit xp speed my duelcore up

running xp home 32bit will 64bit xp speed my duelcore up

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Me too.
Memory size seems to be more important than speed.
Getting back to video cards, even the crossfire/sli thing is more a myth
than a reality.
Pay twice the price (two cards) and get only a 5% boost on certain
circumnstances.
Carlos

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> Hmmm. Well, I'd be curious to see a good, side by side, comparison that
> showed more than single digit percentage differences. For way more than
> single digit price differences.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Following your suggestion of upping ram, I would make it the largest
> > bandwidth and lowest latencies for better gaming.
> >

> > "Charlie Russel - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Don't follow the numbering conventions for nvidia, since I won't buy
> >> their stuff. But I trust your appraisal of the card for the purpose -
> >> since I'm not a gamer, even if I knew the current numbering of nvidia
> >> cards, it wouldn't mean much. My needs are business graphics use. I want
> >> a card that can handle Vista Aero comfortably, doesn't have driver
> >> issues, and doesn't have a fan. I couldn't care less if it does crossfire
> >> or whatever, since I don't ever do anything that would notice.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Charlie.
> >> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
> >>

> >> "Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Charlie Russel - MVP

Yes. And with all sorts of driver issues from what I've seen. Nope, I'll
pass. Put as much reliable RAM in there as will fit, throw in a decent (but
not upper end) ATI video card that doesn't need a fan, and I'm in business.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

news:(E-Mail Removed)...