Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > how easily can glob.glob say Unix bash `echo *`

how easily can glob.glob say Unix bash `echo *`

p.lavarre@ieee.org

http://wiki.python.org/moin/glob now mentions:

The glob module lists names in folders that match Unix shell patterns.

If the elemental function emulating Unix bash `echo *` really is
missing from the 2.5 Python batteries included, then here's a brief
clear way of adding that function to Python.

Mind you, to date I've never written an elemental function for Python
that I haven't eventually found well-buried somewhere, e.g.,
os.urandom.

P.S. glob.glob bash and glob.glob rm have no hits yet, said Google
Groups.