Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > WPA2 HotFix Problem

WPA2 HotFix Problem

=?Utf-8?B?S291bG91cmlz?=

Since we installed HotFix KB893357 (WPS/WPA2) on our Windows XP Home
editions, the system looses very often the connection to the access point.
We could not found any information in the knowledge base, but there are some
postings on news groups, that report similar problems.

Is there any fix or workaround available?

Thanks and best regards, Ioannis Koulouris.

=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bFBX?=

I have the same exact problem. I've tried different wireless channels, SSID
broadcast on or off and different encryption settings (TKIP or AEP).
The signal strength is always "excellent", but the speed often drops below
54Mbps, down to as low as 2Mbps. Sometimes the wireless seems to reconnect
and a balloon pops-up indicating that the connection is UNSECURED!! (the
'unsecured' note is a new feature of the WPA2 hotfix - see
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893357/en-us).
In 128bit WEP mode, everything works fine.
I have a D-Link DI-524 ver.D router (firmware ver. 4.00) and an Intel
PRO-wireless 2200BG card (driver ver. 9.0.1.9)

Any advice greatly appreciated

PPW