Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > digital video camera with video in

digital video camera with video in

richard.ellis7@ntlworld.com

i am wanting to purchase a dv video camera and have a budget of
between 200 and 300. my main requirement is analouge in or video in
connections as i require to connect an external lens and microphone. i
am having problems wadeing through all the cameras out there to find
one that matches my criteria. can anybody advise on what is available
please.

Pat

On Nov 3, 8:56 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> i am wanting to purchase a dv video camera and have a budget of
> between 200 and 300. my main requirement is analouge in or video in
> connections as i require to connect an external lens and microphone. i
> am having problems wadeing through all the cameras out there to find
> one that matches my criteria. can anybody advise on what is available
> please.

I'm not sure I understand your question. What do you mean that you
need to connect an "external lens"? Do you mean that you need to
replace the lens with a different one -- like an SLR in photography --
or that you need to connect the camera to another camera and use the
camera as just a recorder -- in which case you might do better just
buying a dedicated recorder.

In any case, check www.bhphotovideo.com and you'll see what generally
available. However, it seems to me that your budget might be a little
low.

Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

? <(E-Mail Removed)> ?????? ??? ??????
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
i am wanting to purchase a dv video camera and have a budget of
between 200 and 300. my main requirement is analouge in or video in
connections as i require to connect an external lens and microphone. i
am having problems wadeing through all the cameras out there to find
one that matches my criteria. can anybody advise on what is available
please.

I don't really understand what you want-do you want a camcorder with
external mic input(these are at the higher end-maybe above 500 euros), but
why, since all good camcorders have excellent stereo mics and can record cd
quality sound.If you mean an A/V input, so that you use the camcorder as an
ADC (Analogue to Digital Converter)so you may convert a VHS cassete to DVD,
then that's a different story, most good mini DV camcorders have that.What
do you mean by external lens?
HTH,

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering

Don Stauffer in Minnesota

On Nov 4, 11:36 am, "Tzortzakakis Dimitrios" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> I don't really understand what you want-do you want a camcorder with
> external mic input(these are at the higher end-maybe above 500 euros), but
> why, since all good camcorders have excellent stereo mics and can record cd
> quality sound.

If there is ambient noise, the on-camera mikes pick that up also. A
remote mike on a cable, or a wireless mike, picks up speaker with much
less noise than on-camera mikes.

wrote:

> I don't really understand what you want-do you want a camcorder with
> external mic input(these are at the higher end-maybe above 500 euros), but
> why, since all good camcorders have excellent stereo mics and can record cd
> quality sound.

If there is ambient noise, the on-camera mikes pick that up also. A
remote mike on a cable, or a wireless mike, picks up speaker with much
less noise than on-camera mikes.

If you mean an A/V input, so that you use the camcorder as an
> ADC (Analogue to Digital Converter)so you may convert a VHS cassete to DVD,
> then that's a different story, most good mini DV camcorders have that.What
> do you mean by external lens?
> HTH,
>
> --
> Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
> major in electrical engineering
> mechanized infantry reservist
> hordad AT otenet DOT gr

richard.ellis7@ntlworld.com

On 5 Nov, 16:31, Don Stauffer in Minnesota <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> On Nov 4, 11:36 am, "Tzortzakakis Dimitrios" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

> > I don't really understand what you want-do you want a camcorder with
> > external mic input(these are at the higher end-maybe above 500 euros), but
> > why, since all good camcorders have excellent stereo mics and can record cd
> > quality sound.

> If there is ambient noise, the on-camera mikes pick that up also. A
> remote mike on a cable, or a wireless mike, picks up speaker with much
> less noise than on-camera mikes.
>
> If you mean an A/V input, so that you use the camcorder as an
>

> > ADC (Analogue to Digital Converter)so you may convert a VHS cassete to DVD,
> > then that's a different story, most good mini DV camcorders have that.What
> > do you mean by external lens?
> > HTH,

> > --
> > Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
> > major in electrical engineering
> > mechanized infantry reservist
> > hordad AT otenet DOT gr- Hide quoted text -

my requirement is to use the camera mainly as a point and shoot to
capture family video etc but the analouge in is to attach a remote
lens and mic so the camera cn be mounted inboard in safety in the f2
sidecar i race and the external lens can be mounted on the fairing and
the mike near the exhaust. hope this makes my requirements and usage
more clear. i have decided on mini dv due to the vibrations on the
sidecar which may cause a dvd or hard drive to jump. thought about
just a recorder but want to use the camera for family stuff too.