Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Range extender and IP adress conflict

Range extender and IP adress conflict

=?Utf-8?B?aW50aGVhaXI=?=

I have a D-link DI-524 with a DWL-G710 extender and a DWL-G122 usb adapter.
Several PC`s connected. No problem with my laptop with a Jensen airlink
7054, but when I run my desktop with G122 (windows XP SP2) I get the
message:"there is a IP adress conflict with another system on the net". My
router gives out the IP-adress (renewing every 3 h) (DHCP). I have tried
renewing the driver software,-but no the message keeps popping up (quit
often). Can it harm my computer in any way? Anyone have a solution to this?
The SSID is the same all over the net .
--
homebuilder

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Check the G122's IP setting and make sure it is Not set to static IP that is
within the range of the DHCP.
Check the DHCP and make sure that there is enough range of IPs.
This page describes how to check computer's Network configuration.
http://www.ezlan.net/debug.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...