Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > HDMI upscaling on Pioneer DVR550XHS

HDMI upscaling on Pioneer DVR550XHS

mrchrisshaw@googlemail.com

Hello all,
I'm seeking advice about interconnects between Pioneer DVR550 DVD-
recorder and Sony Bravia KDL20S4000 TV.
The product info for the Pioneer states it can upscale any source to
HD 1080.
Does this mean I can just join the TV to the DVD recorder with an HDMI
cable and not need extra audio, S-video etc?
Thanks in advance!
Chris

Simon Gronow

Correct

this is what happens on my amp or my dvd to my panel

Rgds
Simon

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hello all,
> I'm seeking advice about interconnects between Pioneer DVR550 DVD-
> recorder and Sony Bravia KDL20S4000 TV.
> The product info for the Pioneer states it can upscale any source to
> HD 1080.
> Does this mean I can just join the TV to the DVD recorder with an HDMI
> cable and not need extra audio, S-video etc?
> Thanks in advance!
> Chris

mrchrisshaw@googlemail.com

Excellent - that'll save me a few quid on interconnects then!

Chris