Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Insurance question help

Insurance question help

Joshua

I have medical insurance. If I get in an accident not my fault and get state
disability for 10 months for which I have been paying into for ten years, do
I have to pay them back or my insurance company for their services after a
settlement is reached? This is not a workers comp case and I have been
paying my co-pay for each visit for that 10 months. I believe that if it
was workman's comp then they are entitled to their money but it is not. Do I
owe the state or my insurance?

Whiskers

On 2007-11-03, Joshua <joshua@com> wrote:
> I have medical insurance. If I get in an accident not my fault and get state
> disability for 10 months for which I have been paying into for ten years, do
> I have to pay them back or my insurance company for their services after a
> settlement is reached? This is not a workers comp case and I have been
> paying my co-pay for each visit for that 10 months. I believe that if it
> was workman's comp then they are entitled to their money but it is not. Do I
> owe the state or my insurance?

Your question is not clear, but I would have thought that the obvious
people to ask are your insurance company and whatever State agency you are
getting money or services from. There may be laws or regulations that
apply in whatever State you are in.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Joshua

The state is California and my insurance is Kaiser. I did talk to the state
and they said I owe nothing since it was not a worker comp case. Trying to
talk to Kaiser is like pulling teeth. My attorney, who I will talk to again
on Monday, seems to think I owe them. I think he may be confused because it
started out as a workers comp case but it was denied. I just want to make
sure before I tell my attorney this.

"Whiskers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 2007-11-03, Joshua <joshua@com> wrote:
>> I have medical insurance. If I get in an accident not my fault and get
>> state
>> disability for 10 months for which I have been paying into for ten years,
>> do
>> I have to pay them back or my insurance company for their services after
>> settlement is reached? This is not a workers comp case and I have been
>> paying my co-pay for each visit for that 10 months. I believe that if it
>> was workman's comp then they are entitled to their money but it is not.
>> Do I
>> owe the state or my insurance?

> Your question is not clear, but I would have thought that the obvious
> people to ask are your insurance company and whatever State agency you are
> getting money or services from. There may be laws or regulations that
> apply in whatever State you are in.
>
> --
> -- ^^^^^^^^^^
> -- Whiskers
> -- ~~~~~~~~~~

Evan Platt

On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 07:02:59 -0700, "Joshua" <joshua@com> wrote:

>The state is California and my insurance is Kaiser. I did talk to the state
>and they said I owe nothing since it was not a worker comp case. Trying to
>talk to Kaiser is like pulling teeth. My attorney, who I will talk to again
>on Monday, seems to think I owe them. I think he may be confused because it
>started out as a workers comp case but it was denied. I just want to make
>sure before I tell my attorney this.

So you'd trust the opinions of people in a newsgroup vs an attorney or
Kaiser?

Use Kaisers e-mail feature. Get an answer IN WRITING, FROM THEM.

Whiskers

On 2007-11-03, Evan Platt <evan@*******************************> wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 07:02:59 -0700, "Joshua" <joshua@com> wrote:
>
>>The state is California and my insurance is Kaiser. I did talk to the state
>>and they said I owe nothing since it was not a worker comp case. Trying to
>>talk to Kaiser is like pulling teeth. My attorney, who I will talk to again
>>on Monday, seems to think I owe them. I think he may be confused because it
>>started out as a workers comp case but it was denied. I just want to make
>>sure before I tell my attorney this.

> So you'd trust the opinions of people in a newsgroup vs an attorney or
> Kaiser?
>
> Use Kaisers e-mail feature. Get an answer IN WRITING, FROM THEM.

Seconded. As it happens I do know a bit about insurance (which is why I
read the initial post) but I know nothing about the way things work in
California, and only Kaiser can tell you what their position is (which may
well depend on the terms of the policy or policies you are trying to claim
under).

--
-- Whiskers

Joshua

I am asking if anyone has gone thru this before and by experience knows the
answer. During litigation we had a hard time getting a bill from Kaiser.
Their exact words were "There is no bill, we don't bill ourselves" it took
months to get one because they had to generate one. My question is if they
have been paid already thru my insurance are they entitled to get paid again
by taking half of my settlement.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...