Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > blocking emails

blocking emails

=?Utf-8?B?YW1i?=

i am receiving emails from a bank requesting an update of personal info. The
bank confirms its not from them. How can i stop these emails?

Blackmetal

Are you one of the senders and want to find out how people could block them
to work around it? jaja...

"amb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
>i am receiving emails from a bank requesting an update of personal info.
>The
> bank confirms its not from them. How can i stop these emails?

=?Utf-8?B?YW1i?=

no i am not, but i am very concerned as this has happended once before. I
updated personal details and funds were transfered from my account. I have
blocked then coming into my inbox, and direected them to deleted files. is
there a way to stop them coming through?

"Blackmetal" wrote:

> Are you one of the senders and want to find out how people could block them
> to work around it? jaja...
>

> "amb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> >i am receiving emails from a bank requesting an update of personal info.
> >The
> > bank confirms its not from them. How can i stop these emails?

Simon Hart

You can filter domains so only trusted emails will come through. I belive
this needs to be done at exchange level if you have one. Speak to your
administrator.

"amb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> no i am not, but i am very concerned as this has happended once before. I
> updated personal details and funds were transfered from my account. I
> have
> blocked then coming into my inbox, and direected them to deleted files.
> is
> there a way to stop them coming through?
>
> "Blackmetal" wrote:
>
>> Are you one of the senders and want to find out how people could block
>> them
>> to work around it? jaja...
>>

>> "amb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >i am receiving emails from a bank requesting an update of personal info.
>> >The
>> > bank confirms its not from them. How can i stop these emails?

J. Clarke

amb wrote:

> no i am not, but i am very concerned as this has happended once before. I
> updated personal details and funds were transfered from my account. I
> have
> blocked then coming into my inbox, and direected them to deleted files.
> is there a way to stop them coming through?

What do you mean by "stop them coming through"? If you mean stop the sender
from sending them, unless you have the hacking skills to track them down
and combat skills to maim them and the forensic skills to get away with it,
there is nothing you personally can do about that.

You should provide copies of the emails to your state Attorney General and
to the Justice Department--they'll just go in a file until someone tracks
down the perpetrator but if they do catch him they may be a few more counts
on the charges.

If you mean have them blocked enroute, that's something you need to talk
over with your ISP. If you want to set up something on your system that
blocks them before they get to your email program, and you don't have a
mail server of your own, then you might want to look into a mail proxy such
as "hamster classic" or "hamster playground", but you'll have to keep your
filter list updated--some will get through regardless.

As a general rule you should _not_ reply to or click on any field in any
unsolicited email, no matter how legitimate it appears. If it appears to
be from your bank then instead of replying to it go to the bank's web site
and change the information there, or call the bank.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate