Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Is there an LLTD Responder for 64 bit XP?

Is there an LLTD Responder for 64 bit XP?

McG.

TIA,
McG.

Charlie Russel - MVP

No. Nor any indication that one is coming.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"McG." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e4$(E-Mail Removed)...
> TIA,
> McG.

McG.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> No. Nor any indication that one is coming.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>

> "McG." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:e4$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> TIA,
>> McG.

Thanks Charlie. You wouldn't happen to know how to get system with Vista to
see the XP x64 system in the Network (in Explorer), would you?
McG.

Dennis Pack

McG:
Verify that the computers are in the same workgroup. In the x64
partition go into properties to turn on sharing. Have a great day.

--
Dennis Pack
XP x64 SP2, Vista Enterprise x64
"McG." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> No. Nor any indication that one is coming.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>

>> "McG." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:e4$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> TIA,
>>> McG.
>>>

> Thanks Charlie. You wouldn't happen to know how to get system with Vista
> to see the XP x64 system in the Network (in Explorer), would you?
> McG.

Charlie Russel - MVP

1.) who cares if you can see them, as long as you know they're there, you
can connect to them.

net use E: \\windowsxpmachine\share

or, if you can't resolve the name, then use:

net use E: \\192.168.0.100\share where you substitute the windowsxp machine
IP address for the one I used here.

2.) If you still care, make sure you have enabled NetBIOS over TCP/IP on
both sets of connections. If you're dependent on a lame DHCP server that
does little more than hand out IP addresses, subnet mask and gateway, but no
actually useful information, you may want consider reserving addresses on
the DHCP server and then using fixed IP addresses that line up with those on
the clients so that you can set the features you need.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"McG." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> No. Nor any indication that one is coming.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>

>> "McG." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:e4$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> TIA,
>>> McG.
>>>

> Thanks Charlie. You wouldn't happen to know how to get system with Vista
> to see the XP x64 system in the Network (in Explorer), would you?
> McG.

McG.

"Dennis Pack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> McG:
> Verify that the computers are in the same workgroup. In the x64
> partition go into properties to turn on sharing. Have a great day.
>
> --
> Dennis Pack
> XP x64 SP2, Vista Enterprise x64
> Office Professional Plus 2007
> "McG." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> No. Nor any indication that one is coming.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Charlie.
>>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>>

>>> "McG." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:e4$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>>

>> Thanks Charlie. You wouldn't happen to know how to get system with Vista
>> to see the XP x64 system in the Network (in Explorer), would you?
>> McG.

The XP systems can see and access the Vista system and see and access each
other. The Vista system cannot see either XP system when it is booted up
and they are already running. In the XP sytems, simple file sharing is
turned on, and each have folders shared, with modifying files allowed.
All are on WORKGROUP.
McG.

McG.

Sure seems to me if you can't see it anyplace to click on it, you can't
connect to it.

Thanks for the 'net use E:\\" . So even if Vista doesn't locate and show
a device in the network, if I have the IP from the router I can still
connect to it. Ok.

McG.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> 1.) who cares if you can see them, as long as you know they're there, you
> can connect to them.
>
> net use E: \\windowsxpmachine\share
>
> or, if you can't resolve the name, then use:
>
> net use E: \\192.168.0.100\share where you substitute the windowsxp
> machine IP address for the one I used here.
>
> 2.) If you still care, make sure you have enabled NetBIOS over TCP/IP on
> both sets of connections. If you're dependent on a lame DHCP server that
> does little more than hand out IP addresses, subnet mask and gateway, but
> no actually useful information, you may want consider reserving addresses
> on the DHCP server and then using fixed IP addresses that line up with
> those on the clients so that you can set the features you need.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>

> "McG." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> No. Nor any indication that one is coming.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Charlie.
>>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>>

>>> "McG." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:e4$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>>

>> Thanks Charlie. You wouldn't happen to know how to get system with Vista
>> to see the XP x64 system in the Network (in Explorer), would you?
>> McG.

Win 7 and XP...LLTD wasn't the solution after all jmparsons3 Wireless Networking 1 12-14-2009 07:56 PM
LLTD Info Bobby Johnson Windows 64bit 0 08-06-2008 06:23 PM
LLTD Responder (protocol) and XP Pro x64 McG. Windows 64bit 0 11-02-2007 04:11 PM
Quick scenario on PIX (initiatior, responder only) Bidibule Cisco 1 02-06-2006 06:07 PM
How to define multiple responder SAs on a Cisco 3005? Burt Gummer Cisco 0 05-21-2005 07:28 PM

Advertisments