Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > lost microsoft word password

lost microsoft word password

VanguardLH

"chuckcar" wrote in message

> "VanguardLH" wrote:
>
>> "chuckcar" wrote ...
>>>
>>> "(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

>> <snip - Google Grouping student wants to steal teacher's exam>
>>>
>>> And yet your nntp posting host says you are using sprint in NYC.
>>> Funny
>>> that.

>> IPwhois says it is an ISP in India. So where did YOU get NYC?

> Strange. I guess my DNS/path got foobarred. When I did a tracert, it
> stopped at the sprint network in NYC with no response after that.
> Now it
> stops where you say, specifically at 202.56.221.12. Sorry OP, my
> bad.

Sometimes the international hops will timeout (unless you up it in the
tracert command via the -w switch). If more than 30 hops are needed
to get to the target host, you'll need to use the -h switch to
increase the max hop count. Some networks simply won't let you
traverse their network (they don't want to expose their insides) and
will stop the traceroute at their boundary host.

>tracert 122.168.117.111

Tracing route to ABTS-MP-dynamic-111.117.168.122.airtelbroadband.in
[122.168.117.111]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 ...
8 69 ms 70 ms 72 ms 12.122.104.89
9 280 ms 280 ms 278 ms 12.86.240.18
10 278 ms 278 ms 276 ms 202.56.223.18
11 279 ms 280 ms 290 ms 59.145.6.234
12 319 ms 312 ms 325 ms 125.17.21.14
13 315 ms 315 ms 312 ms 202.56.221.12
14 * * * Request timed out.

Once I hit the international hop, the return-time went up drastically
from 40-70 ms to around 300ms - a big jump there. Once I hit the ISP
in India, they wouldn't let me traverse further through their network
(to get to the target host) hence all the timeouts.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> And yet your nntp posting host says you are using sprint in NYC.
>>> Funny
>>> that.

>> IPwhois says it is an ISP in India. So where did YOU get NYC?

>Strange. I guess my DNS/path got foobarred. When I did a tracert, it
>stopped at the sprint network in NYC with no response after that.

You most likely hit a gateway (where international lines merge).

--

Dangers of Juggling Bowling Balls
http://www.loanmeyoursister.com/?p=36