Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > MAC Filtering on Multiple Access Points

MAC Filtering on Multiple Access Points

=?Utf-8?B?QmlsbFM=?=

I have six (6) AP’s on my network all set up using MAC filtering to only
allow specific MAC address access to each device. All devices have the same
list of MAC address and I was wondering if I needed to include each AP’s MAC
address in each of the AP’s list?

In addition, all AP’s use the same channel (11). By using the same channel,
does that help if a device is moving around the building, can it “hop” from
one AP to the other in a seamless manner?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

GTS

You don't normally need to enter the WAP's MAC addresses into each other.
For wireless roaming the WAPs should use the same SSID and different
channels. You should stagger the 3 discreet channels (1,6, and 11) so each
pair on the same channel is most distant from each other.
--

"BillS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have six (6) AP's on my network all set up using MAC filtering to only
> allow specific MAC address access to each device. All devices have the
> same
> list of MAC address and I was wondering if I needed to include each AP's
> MAC
> address in each of the AP's list?
>
> In addition, all AP's use the same channel (11). By using the same
> channel,
> does that help if a device is moving around the building, can it "hop"
> from
> one AP to the other in a seamless manner?
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you

=?Utf-8?B?QmlsbFM=?=

Thanks very much, that clears it up for me...