Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > French dictionary

French dictionary

Albédo

Hello.
Using Firefox and Thunderbird, I am having problems with the
French dictionary: once downloaded from Firefox (or so it
seems) it doesn't seem to be properly installed! This page :
https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/browse/type:3
keeps offering me to install the dictionary, and in
Thunderbird > Tools > Options > Rédaction (that's the French
name of the menu) > Spelling, nothing appears for
"Languages".
Thanks if you can help me install the dictionary properly!
--
a.

yogi22

On Nov 2, 12:29 pm, "Albédo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello.
> Using Firefox and Thunderbird, I am having problems with the
> French dictionary: once downloaded from Firefox (or so it
> seems) it doesn't seem to be properly installed! This page :https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/browse/type:3
> keeps offering me to install the dictionary, and in
> Thunderbird > Tools > Options > Rédaction (that's the French
> name of the menu) > Spelling, nothing appears for
> "Languages".
> Thanks if you can help me install the dictionary properly!
> --
> a.

Unlike FF, TB does not install extensions automatically. You must
download the extension file to your hard drive, then install it from
the addons menu in ThunderBird.

IOW, on the webpage, right-click the green "French/Francais" button
and choose "Save Link as". Once the download is complete, in
Thunderbird, go

Tools > Addons > Extensions > Install

You will get a "Select an extension to install" dialogue box. Browse
to the downloaded file,
"dictionnaire_myspell_en_fran__ais__r__forme_1 990_-1.5-fx+tb+sm.xpi".
Select it, then click "Open" and "Bob's your Uncle" or "Robert est ton
oncle"

Alternatively, Google "install thunderbird extension" and first hit
will lead you to:

<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Extensions_(Thunderbird)>
ff
kk

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Albédo wrote:
> Hello.
> Using Firefox and Thunderbird, I am having problems with the
> French dictionary: once downloaded from Firefox (or so it
> seems) it doesn't seem to be properly installed! This page :
> https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/browse/type:3
> keeps offering me to install the dictionary, and in
> Thunderbird > Tools > Options > Rédaction (that's the French
> name of the menu) > Spelling, nothing appears for
> "Languages".
> Thanks if you can help me install the dictionary properly!

those are dictionaries for FF and not TB. You'll find TB
dics here:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thu.../browse/type:3
and read the instructions at the top on what to do.

disregarded!!!!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Albédo

Thanks, yogi22 and Peter!