Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon Recalls All USA Mighty Mk IIIs!!

Canon Recalls All USA Mighty Mk IIIs!!

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

Yes, it's true. If yours falls into the serial number range, pretty much
every one ever made, you can send it in for repair if you feel you are
having problems. I wonder how many people are going to be sending their Mk
III in if it needs the repair or not?

<http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=PgComSmModDisplayAct&fcategoryid=13 9&modelid=14999&keycode=2112&id=39707>

Rita

John McWilliams wrote:

>> Yes, it's true. If yours falls into the serial number range, pretty
>> much every one ever made, you can send it in for repair if you feel
>> you are having problems. I wonder how many people are going to be
>> sending their Mk III in if it needs the repair or not?
>>
>> <http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=PgComSmModDisplayAct&fcategoryid=13 9&modelid=14999&keycode=2112&id=39707>
>>

> f-u set to groups to exclude .a.p: It does say "USA" in your subject
> line, Bret fanboi.

Here ya go dumbass. Try this link. If you are so bored with life that you
need to pick a nit to find a whine, Canon even has the same info on their UK
site.

<http://www.canon.com.au/support/customer/default.asp?DXI=KnowledgeBase/Customer/KBArticleForm&File=KB01650>

Rita

John McWilliams

Rita Berkowitz wrote:
> John McWilliams wrote:
>
>>> Yes, it's true. If yours falls into the serial number range, pretty
>>> much every one ever made, you can send it in for repair if you feel
>>> you are having problems. I wonder how many people are going to be
>>> sending their Mk III in if it needs the repair or not?
>>>
>>> <http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=PgComSmModDisplayAct&fcategoryid=13 9&modelid=14999&keycode=2112&id=39707>
>>>

>> f-u set to groups to exclude .a.p: It does say "USA" in your subject
>> line, Bret fanboi.

> Here ya go dumbass. Try this link. If you are so bored with life that you
> need to pick a nit to find a whine, Canon even has the same info on
> their UK
> site.

Oh, yeah, like down under is still part of the U.K.? Cretin.

Where's noons when we need him??

**** off aus.photo!!!!!!!

--
lsmft

Douglas

"Rita Berkowitz" <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> John McWilliams wrote:
>
>>> Yes, it's true. If yours falls into the serial number range, pretty
>>> much every one ever made, you can send it in for repair if you feel
>>> you are having problems. I wonder how many people are going to be
>>> sending their Mk III in if it needs the repair or not?
>>>
>>> <http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=PgComSmModDisplayAct&fcategoryid=13 9&modelid=14999&keycode=2112&id=39707>
>>>

>> f-u set to groups to exclude .a.p: It does say "USA" in your subject
>> line, Bret fanboi.

> Here ya go dumbass. Try this link. If you are so bored with life that
> you
> need to pick a nit to find a whine, Canon even has the same info on their
> UK
> site.
>
> <http://www.canon.com.au/support/customer/default.asp?DXI=KnowledgeBase/Customer/KBArticleForm&File=KB01650>
>

> Rita

Mine is not one of the effected, having bought it two weeks ago but I've
availed myself of Australia's Trade Practices laws and taken it back for a
refund. Aussie Canon have had my last remaining 20D in for it's annual
service for over three weeks and it's still in the queue waiting!.

Bugger that. This is a repeat of 2005 when I (foolishly) bought a spare 20D
just because they were snowed under with warranty repairs and I needed a
camera. They are not going to bite me again. Every single Canon camera I've
bought since the 10D has needed warranty service. NOT GOOD ENOUGH CANON.

I had my Fuji s5 repaired in a few days using a local Nikon warranty agent.
Says a hell of a lot for service (and quality) you can expect when you buy
a Canon product... NONE!

Douglas

Douglas

"John McWilliams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Rita Berkowitz wrote:
> John McWilliams wrote:
>
>>> Yes, it's true. If yours falls into the serial number range, pretty
>>> much every one ever made, you can send it in for repair if you feel
>>> you are having problems. I wonder how many people are going to be
>>> sending their Mk III in if it needs the repair or not?
>>>
>>> <http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=PgComSmModDisplayAct&fcategoryid=13 9&modelid=14999&keycode=2112&id=39707>
>>>

>> f-u set to groups to exclude .a.p: It does say "USA" in your subject
>> line, Bret fanboi.

> Here ya go dumbass. Try this link. If you are so bored with life that
> you
> need to pick a nit to find a whine, Canon even has the same info on their
> UK
> site.

Oh, yeah, like down under is still part of the U.K.? Cretin.

Where's noons when we need him??

**** off aus.photo!!!!!!!

--
lsmft

Well John, now I've taken your advice and plonked the antagonists too, Aus
Photo is a desert. Even Noons is back to taking pictures. If you need to
look for the reason these photo groups are rapidly becoming a fanboi club,
you need look no further than the idiot from Chattanooga running around
waving his hands in the air yelling "LOOK AT ME" (to quote someone else).

Lay off Rita, eh? He at least posts relevant topics.

Douglas

Robert Coe

On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 16:30:32 -0500, Rita Berkowitz <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com>
wrote:
: Yes, it's true. If yours falls into the serial number range, pretty much
: every one ever made, you can send it in for repair if you feel you are
: having problems. I wonder how many people are going to be sending their
: Mk III in if it needs the repair or not?

All of them. Anyone who paid $5000 for one of those lemons has a screw loose
if (s)he doesn't.

Bob

Annika1980

On Nov 1, 5:30 pm, Rita Berkowitz <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:
> Yes, it's true. If yours falls into the serial number range, pretty much
> every one ever made, you can send it in for repair if you feel you are
> having problems. I wonder how many people are going to be sending their Mk
> III in if it needs the repair or not?
>
> <http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=PgComSmModDisplayAct....>
>
> Rita

Sucks to be you, early adopter!
Too bad you didn't use the 18-minute rule.
Oh well, that was only $4100 that you wasted.
BWHAHAHAHAAAAHAAAHAAHAHAAHAAA!!!!!!

BTW, my 40D focused fine.
And did I mention that it was a gift and cost me nothing?
BWHAHAHAHAAAAHAAAHAAHAHAAHAAA!!!!!!

Who Rules?

Kinon O'Cann

With any luck, Canon won't return yours and spare us all the horrid pix.

cmyk

Rita Berkowitz wrote:
> John McWilliams wrote:
>
>>> Yes, it's true. If yours falls into the serial number range, pretty
>>> much every one ever made, you can send it in for repair if you feel
>>> you are having problems. I wonder how many people are going to be
>>> sending their Mk III in if it needs the repair or not?
>>>
>>> <http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=PgComSmModDisplayAct&fcategoryid=13 9&modelid=14999&keycode=2112&id=39707>
>>>

>> f-u set to groups to exclude .a.p: It does say "USA" in your subject
>> line, Bret fanboi.

> Here ya go dumbass. Try this link. If you are so bored with life that you
> need to pick a nit to find a whine, Canon even has the same info on their UK
> site.

Oh, yeah, like down under is still part of the U.K.? Cretin.

Where's noons when we need him??

**** off aus.photo!!!!!!!

--
lsmft