Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > eBay: Samsung 226BW 22" LCD monitor - factory sealed

eBay: Samsung 226BW 22" LCD monitor - factory sealed

Ted

http://301url.com/Samsung226BW

Jeff Strickland

That monitor is on Costco online for 229 with a mail-in rebate of 30, making
it 199 plus shipping.

"Ted" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed). theremailer.net...
> http://301url.com/Samsung226BW

Protagonist

Jeff Strickland wrote:
> That monitor is on Costco online for 229 with a mail-in rebate of 30,
> making it 199 plus shipping.
>

> "Ted" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). theremailer.net...
>> http://301url.com/Samsung226BW

Do you have a link, Costco on line not showing it?
JS

rjn

Ted <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

{usenet spam link deleted}
Seller needs to read:
<http://pages.ebay.com/help/usenet_policy.html>

Of the cross-posted groups, only tx.forsale (deleted for
this reply) allows eBay spam.

Looking at the listing, and trying to read despite the
giant annoying fonts, I note:

* Seller hostages feedback.
* Never heard of sniping, apparently: "I reserve the
right to cancel any bid from anyone who has 0
Feedback or mostly negative Feedback and does
not contact me before placing their bid."
* Irresponsible seller: "All items listed are sold "as is".

>From the Devil's Dictionary of eBay:

as-is: Bid like you know it works.
Complain like you knew it wouldn't.

sealed: Seller owns shrink-wrap machine.

factory-sealed: Seller pretends to be factory.

These terms are always worth avoiding in eBay listings.
The "as-is" in particular is entirely contradicted by
the "This is brand new, A-stock merchandise...".

--
Regards, Bob Niland (E-Mail Removed)

Jeff Strickland

"Protagonist" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Jeff Strickland wrote:
>> That monitor is on Costco online for 229 with a mail-in rebate of 30,
>> making it 199 plus shipping.
>>

>> "Ted" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed). theremailer.net...
>>> http://301url.com/Samsung226BW
>>>

> Do you have a link, Costco on line not showing it?
> JS

Sorry, no.

I bought a Samsung 22" Wide screen back in September for the terms I
mentioned earlier.

Protagonist

Jeff Strickland wrote:

> "Protagonist" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> Jeff Strickland wrote:
>>> That monitor is on Costco online for 229 with a mail-in rebate of 30,
>>> making it 199 plus shipping.
>>>

>>> "Ted" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed). theremailer.net...
>>>>

>> Do you have a link, Costco on line not showing it?
>> JS
>>

> Sorry, no.
>
> I bought a Samsung 22" Wide screen back in September for the terms I
> mentioned earlier.

Well, It's not there any more.
Your a bit late announcing it, I guess!
JS

Jeff Strickland

"Protagonist" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Jeff Strickland wrote:
>>
>> "Protagonist" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

>>> Do you have a link, Costco on line not showing it?
>>> JS
>>>

>> Sorry, no.
>>
>> I bought a Samsung 22" Wide screen back in September for the terms I
>> mentioned earlier.

> Well, It's not there any more.
> Your a bit late announcing it, I guess!
> JS

My point was (to the seller) that his stuff is over priced. I've seen better
prices for the same size monitor at Fry's Electronics. I haven't checked,
but I'd bet that Walmart has better prices on a competitive product.

Protagonist

Jeff Strickland wrote:

> "Protagonist" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> Jeff Strickland wrote:
>>>
>>> "Protagonist" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

>>> Sorry, no.
>>>
>>> I bought a Samsung 22" Wide screen back in September for the terms I
>>> mentioned earlier.

>> Well, It's not there any more.
>> Your a bit late announcing it, I guess!
>> JS

> My point was (to the seller) that his stuff is over priced. I've seen
> better prices for the same size monitor at Fry's Electronics. I haven't
> checked, but I'd bet that Walmart has better prices on a competitive
> product.

That's true! For $240+ I see at anywhere online.
Yes, Fry's some times have good sale prices.
JS

Jeff Strickland

"Protagonist" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

>> My point was (to the seller) that his stuff is over priced. I've seen
>> better prices for the same size monitor at Fry's Electronics. I haven't
>> checked, but I'd bet that Walmart has better prices on a competitive
>> product.

> That's true! For $240+ I see at anywhere online.
> Yes, Fry's some times have good sale prices.
> JS

Fry's lists a 22" Wide Screen in my morning paper for $179 after the mail-in
rebate. That's $209 in the store. 1000:1 contrast ratio and 5ms response
time. Seems like a nice monitor to me ...