Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > OT: Generation Y

OT: Generation Y

TBone

I think I'm beginning to understand the reasoning behind the attitude of
some of the young'uns we see coming into this froup. Excerpt from an
article on employers changing to meet generation "Y":

"Another significant difference between Generation Y and older workers
that creates tension is Generation Y's expectations of how they will be
treated on the job. A whopping 87 percent of survey respondents say some
or most Generation Y workers feel more entitled to receive better
compensation and benefits and faster career advancement than older
workers. To wit:

-- 74 percent of employers say Generation Y workers expect to be paid
more.
-- 61 percent say Generation Y workers expect to have flexible work
schedules.
-- 56 percent say Generation Y workers expect to be promoted within a
year.
-- 50 percent say Generation Y workers expect to have more vacation or
personal time.
-- 37 percent say Generation Y workers expect to have access to state-
of-the-art technology."

You'll note nowhere does it say that they expect to have to work harder
for these things.

Full article:

http://www.itbusiness.ca/it/client/e...5760&PageMem=1

-------

T-Bone
MCNGP XL

CBIC

"TBone" <reply2me@thenewsgroup> wrote in message
>I think I'm beginning to understand the reasoning behind the attitude of
> some of the young'uns we see coming into this froup.

Darn kids these days

HEY GET OFF MY LAWN

Ultra Products 2nd Generation 500W X-Finity PSU Silverstrand Front Page News 0 10-11-2005 01:48 PM
Code Generation CGuy ASP .Net 0 06-29-2004 03:10 PM
HTML Generation (Next Generation CGI) John W. Long Ruby 4 11-24-2003 04:24 AM
Announce: O/R mapping and code generation... Wes ASP .Net 0 11-19-2003 07:51 PM
code generation Ruslan ASP .Net 1 09-10-2003 01:11 PM

Advertisments