Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wi-Fi Multi Media (802.11e )

Wi-Fi Multi Media (802.11e )

=?Utf-8?B?V2lyZWxlc3MgQnJlbmRhbg==?=

Hi

I am in the process of testing VoIP over a WMM enabled LAN.
WMM accepts DiffSErv marked packets and places them into one of four classes
of service.

I have an existing C application that I want to modify with WInsock calls so
as to mark the packets. All I need to do is to make the socket generate
traffic with the
appropriate DSCP. Is there an MS API call which can do this?

Regards

Brendan
PS
Reading through the Winsock literature I get the impression that RSVP is an
integral part of the Generic QOS (GQOS) part of WInsock....I dont need to use
RSVP...CAN I BYPASS THE RSVP PART?

=?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=

Please see this thread:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups...a-fd7ae3c30712

( not an answer though, but may be useful ).

Regards,
--PA

"Wireless Brendan" wrote:
> PS
> Reading through the Winsock literature I get the impression that RSVP is an
> integral part of the Generic QOS (GQOS) part of WInsock....I dont need to use
> RSVP...CAN I BYPASS THE RSVP PART?

Regarding RSVP: WinXP and next OSes do not use the RSVP protocol itself.
There are just some API remnants from win2k where it was used.

IMHO until the new QoS API suitable for 802.11e is available in Vista, your
best bet is directly talking to the wi-fi miniport driver using an NDIS
transport driver.
GQoS and TC based solution can be confusing and bristle.

Regards,
--PA

Multi region / multi format players br2001@webtv.net DVD Video 3 07-06-2006 12:32 PM
disable multi-firing event on multi-clicking link John Grandy ASP .Net 0 09-13-2005 01:01 AM
Using multi-media from multi-source Tung Las Ying Computer Support 0 11-12-2004 02:51 PM
Multi-vrf to Multi-vrf keithb Cisco 1 05-10-2004 04:32 PM
Tradeoffs between multi and non-multi associative containers Dave C++ 3 04-19-2004 07:48 PM

Advertisments