Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Problem connecting LAN to a wireless server

Problem connecting LAN to a wireless server

OLIM

Have a main computer using a wireless broadband, trying
to connect using a hub to other computers in house, but
will not connect, yet the wireless one says is connected
ok? Can anyone help?

=?Utf-8?B?UGlyYXRlU3RlZXY=?=

my problem is similar:

i have an in home network, and i'm trying to get my windows xp based
computers to use the network to share an internet connection. how do i do
this?

Jeff

Using XP go to Control Panel>Network Interfaces>Wireless
Device. On the Advanced Tab click Internet Connection
Sharing.
Make sure you have the Ethernet plugged into the hub.

OLIM

Thanks for answer. Sorry JJ, just want to check I
understand correctly, do you mean from Control Panel >
Network Connections? Then the actual Wireless connection
listed (or the LAN connection)? Do I right click on one
of these, going to 'Properties', unsure where you mean
the 'advanced' tab is, if not here?

=?Utf-8?B?UGlyYXRlU3RlZXY=?=

okay found what you were talking about, what if my advanced tab doesn't have
that check box? it only has "Internet Connection Firewall"