Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Background to a web page

Background to a web page

dorayme

In article <Xns99DBD884DC42Aboneurhyphe@85.214.62.108>,
Bone Ur <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I'm sure you are gorgeous - at least if the dumb broad theory has any
> validity.

Thank you for introducing, for no other purpose than to be mean
spirited, this nasty note into an otherwise harmless light
exchange. Well done.

--
dorayme

Blinky the Shark

Wyngs wrote:
> rf wrote:
>

>> "Wyngs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> > Still haven't found diddly about z layers - not even at W3C.

>> You probably mean z-index.
>>
>>Yes, thank you. The person without chromosomes has me all flustered.

Why are you typing into the part you're quoting?

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Bone Ur

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Fri, 02 Nov 2007 05:06:32 GMT
dorayme scribed:

>> I'm sure you are gorgeous - at least if the dumb broad theory has any
>> validity.

> Thank you for introducing, for no other purpose than to be mean
> spirited, this nasty note into an otherwise harmless light
> exchange. Well done.

Well, I wasn't trying to be mean-spirited, I was trying to be jocular. But
you're right. I'm sorry.

--
Bone Ur
Cavemen have formidable pheromones.

dorayme

In article <Xns99DBED3036308boneurhyphe@85.214.62.108>,
Bone Ur <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Fri, 02 Nov 2007 05:06:32 GMT
> dorayme scribed:
>
> >> I'm sure you are gorgeous - at least if the dumb broad theory has any
> >> validity.

> > Thank you for introducing, for no other purpose than to be mean
> > spirited, this nasty note into an otherwise harmless light
> > exchange. Well done.

> Well, I wasn't trying to be mean-spirited, I was trying to be jocular. But
> you're right. I'm sorry.

That's ok Bone Ur. I look forward to cordial future exchanges.

--
dorayme

Rob Waaijenberg

dorayme schreef:
> In article <Xns99DBED3036308boneurhyphe@85.214.62.108>,
> Bone Ur <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Fri, 02 Nov 2007 05:06:32 GMT
>> dorayme scribed:

>>> Thank you for introducing, for no other purpose than to be mean
>>> spirited, this nasty note into an otherwise harmless light
>>> exchange. Well done.

>> Well, I wasn't trying to be mean-spirited, I was trying to be jocular. But
>> you're right. I'm sorry.

> That's ok Bone Ur. I look forward to cordial future exchanges.

Phew! Bone, next time you better stop and think a moment before you
start some intra-galaxial skirmish. That was a narrow escape.

--
Rob

Wyngs

Blinky the Shark wrote:

> Wyngs wrote:
> > rf wrote:
> >

> >> "Wyngs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> You probably mean z-index.
> >>
> >>Yes, thank you. The person without chromosomes has me all flustered.

> Why are you typing into the part you're quoting?

If that's a no-no, the reason is I just didn't know any better. I noted
that at the time but decided that as long as it was at the bottom it
didn't matter. However, I can see, after reflection, that it might be
construed as part of the other person's post. We shall avoid it. Thanks
for the question. NEXT!

Bone Ur

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Fri, 02 Nov 2007 06:24:08
GMT dorayme scribed:

>> > Thank you for introducing, for no other purpose than to be mean
>> > spirited, this nasty note into an otherwise harmless light
>> > exchange. Well done.

>> Well, I wasn't trying to be mean-spirited, I was trying to be
>> jocular. But you're right. I'm sorry.

> That's ok Bone Ur. I look forward to cordial future exchanges.

Ditto. 'Course I might get rapscallionish ever' now 'n agin, but, hey, I'm
a guy.

--
Bone Ur
Cavemen have formidable pheromones.

Bone Ur

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Fri, 02 Nov 2007 07:36:51
GMT Rob Waaijenberg scribed:

>>> Well, I wasn't trying to be mean-spirited, I was trying to be
>>> jocular. But you're right. I'm sorry.

>> That's ok Bone Ur. I look forward to cordial future exchanges.
>>

> Phew! Bone, next time you better stop and think a moment before you
> start some intra-galaxial skirmish. That was a narrow escape.

Why do you think they call me "Bone Ur"?