Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Mystery error message

Mystery error message

=?Utf-8?B?QmFzc21hbg==?=

Does anyone know what this error message mean. It occurs when I try to access
my desktop from a laptop that has a centrino wireless interface.

You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the
administrator of this sever to find out if you access permissions.
Not enough server storage is available to process this command

Thanks;

Bassman

Malke

Bassman wrote:

> Does anyone know what this error message mean. It occurs when I try to
> access my desktop from a laptop that has a centrino wireless
> interface.
>
> You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact
> the administrator of this sever to find out if you access permissions.
> Not enough server storage is available to process this command
>
> Thanks;
>
> Bassman

Credit to MVP Hans-Georg Michna:

This error indicates that you are falling foul of the IRPStackSize bug.
The problem is on the machine you are attempting to connect to, not the
machine where you see the error message. On the computer you are
attempting to connect to, check the event viewer for an event ID 2011.

Usual fix : You need to fix a parameter called IRPStackSize

On the computer you are attempting to connect to, Set the IRPStackSize
back to the default (15 ). Perform the following steps:

1. Start regedit.
2. Navigate to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\lanmanserver\parameters.
3. Double-click IRPStackSize (or if this registry setting doesn't
exist, create it with type DWORD and ensure the case is correct).
4. Change the base to decimal, set the value to 15, and click OK.
5. Reboot the computer.

Norton AV is usual suspect for breaking it. There's a KB article about
this, too:

Antivirus Software May Cause Event ID 2011 (Q17707

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

=?Utf-8?B?QmFzc21hbg==?=

That does it. Thanks

Bassman

"Malke" wrote:

> Bassman wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know what this error message mean. It occurs when I try to
> > access my desktop from a laptop that has a centrino wireless
> > interface.
> >
> > You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact
> > the administrator of this sever to find out if you access permissions.
> > Not enough server storage is available to process this command
> >
> > Thanks;
> >
> > Bassman

> Credit to MVP Hans-Georg Michna:
>
> This error indicates that you are falling foul of the IRPStackSize bug.
> The problem is on the machine you are attempting to connect to, not the
> machine where you see the error message. On the computer you are
> attempting to connect to, check the event viewer for an event ID 2011.
>
> Usual fix : You need to fix a parameter called IRPStackSize
>
> On the computer you are attempting to connect to, Set the IRPStackSize
> back to the default (15 ). Perform the following steps:
>
> 1. Start regedit.
> 2. Navigate to
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\lanmanserver\parameters.
> 3. Double-click IRPStackSize (or if this registry setting doesn't
> exist, create it with type DWORD and ensure the case is correct).
> 4. Change the base to decimal, set the value to 15, and click OK.
> 5. Reboot the computer.
>
> Norton AV is usual suspect for breaking it. There's a KB article about
> this, too:
>
> Antivirus Software May Cause Event ID 2011 (Q17707
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;177078
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers