Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > files and settings transfer wizard

files and settings transfer wizard

=?Utf-8?B?c2Jy?=

I have a wireless network of a desktop and notebook both of which operate
under XP. I can connect to the internet and share files but I cannot
transfer files. When I use the wizard on the old desktop computer it goes a
few steps but then gives an error message that it cannot find the other
computer. When I use the wizard on the new computer it requires a Windows XP
CD that did not come with either computer. Thanks for any help.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"sbr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a wireless network of a desktop and notebook both of which operate
> under XP. I can connect to the internet and share files but I cannot
> transfer files. When I use the wizard on the old desktop computer it goes
> few steps but then gives an error message that it cannot find the other
> computer. When I use the wizard on the new computer it requires a Windows
> XP
> CD that did not come with either computer. Thanks for any help.

=?Utf-8?B?c2Jy?=

Jack,
I can share files but I cannot transfer them. When you share a file
all it does is create a pointer in the remote computer but not the file.
Thanks for any help you can provide.