Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > about FSM (finite state machine)

about FSM (finite state machine)

qiooeer

I want to know more about FSM,would you help me ?
where is more details about this?

Thanks

santosh

qiooeer wrote:

> I want to know more about FSM,would you help me ?
> where is more details about this?

<http://www.google.com/search?q=Finite+State+Machines>

karthikbalaguru

On Oct 30, 10:39 pm, qiooeer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I want to know more about FSM,would you help me ?
> where is more details about this?

State Machines are very useful and more
common in protocols and embedded.

If you dive deep into understanding
more about this, you will find many types
of state-machines with different advantages
and disadvantages.

But, in simple terms -
A State machine is a collection of steps
/states selected for the desired execution based on
the value in a state variable (This state variable
is the heart of the State Machine and in C
it forms the argument for the switch-case
statemetn).

It involves the following steps :
1)Create a state variable.
2)Define a series of states.
3)Decode the state variable to access
the states.
4)Try actions to the states.
5)Defining the sequence of the states,
and any conditions that change the
sequence.

It can be implemented using a simple
switch-case statement.

Lot of information are available in internet.

Karthik Balaguru

fsm state encodings Caterpillar VHDL 1 02-10-2006 05:42 PM
FSM with more than 1 input at each state swiss student VHDL 2 05-26-2005 10:49 AM
Which FSM State? Jake VHDL 0 10-25-2004 09:52 PM
FSM in illegal state Jerker Hammarberg \(DST\) VHDL 48 07-21-2004 06:05 PM
FSM (Finite State Machine) Generator - Open Source Roberto Nunnari Java 2 02-04-2004 07:16 AM

Advertisments