Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Help on overclocking problem

Help on overclocking problem

Plato

Cub wrote:

> >> Just trying to push my Q6600 a few percent , the mobo is the ASUS P5B

> > Totally a total waste of time to over clock a modern mobo.

> why do you say that ?
>
> The ASUS mobo is designed to allow overclocking as is other mobo's. Many
> CPU's are sold as X Ghz but can go beyond that without harm with correct
> cooling.

Looking for BSOD's?

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Cub

"Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
news:472d8290$0$259$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> > Totally a total waste of time to over clock a modern mobo.

>> why do you say that ?
>>
>> The ASUS mobo is designed to allow overclocking as is other mobo's. Many
>> CPU's are sold as X Ghz but can go beyond that without harm with correct
>> cooling.

> Looking for BSOD's?
>

> --
> http://www.bootdisk.com/

It all my testing with OCing not one BSOD by using components that have spec
greater than what they are operating at

Cub