Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > VLANs between CISCO Catalyst 5000 and 3com Superstack 3 Switch 4900

VLANs between CISCO Catalyst 5000 and 3com Superstack 3 Switch 4900

hofmar@gmail.com

Hello,

i've a problem with a CISCO Catalyst 5000. I define in the Catalyst and
the Superstack some VLANs. Now when a transmit a paket from 3com to
cisco all works okay. After these paket the direction from cisco to
3com works to. Inside the cisco the CAM table has all entries and the
MAC table inside the 3com is also okay.

When the first packet was transmit from the cisco to the 3com, it
doesn't received the 3com. Any broadcast pakets from the cisco to the
3com are also lost.

Between the cisco and the 3com is a untagged thrunk. With the default
VLAN 1 all works fine.

The "show thunk" give out:

> * - indicates vtp domain mismatch
> Port Mode Encapsulation Status Native vlan
> -------- ----------- ------------- ------------ -----------
> 1/1 nonegotiate dot1q trunking 1
>
> Port Vlans allowed on trunk
> -------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> 1/1 1-2
>
> Port Vlans allowed and active in management domain
> -------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> 1/1 1-2
>
> Port Vlans in spanning tree forwarding state and not pruned
> -------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> 1/1 1

What's wrong? Why stand at the last point "Vlans in spanning tree
forwarding state and not pruned" only VLAN 1? Is that okay?

Greetings from Germany

Martin

stefnovo@yahoo.com

hi martin,

try going into DUBUGGING MODE on both equipment
you should have some lead

stef.novo