Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Increasing Text Size in Windows

Increasing Text Size in Windows

Edge

I am planning to upgrade to a 20 " or higher LCD with a 1600x1200
res, .255 dot pitch or 1680 x 1050 res, .276 dot pitch for both CAD
and office work. This would be the native resolution for each monitor.
On my current old Viewsonic CRT 17PS monitor with 1280 x1024 res
there is problem when I have increase the text size in Windows to
large (120 dpi), it does not display WYSIWYG (what you see is what
you get). The fonts do not display properly in a Word document to
show how the document prints (bold type, font etc). I am running an
nVidia FX560 video card, XPP SP2. Will this occur on the new monitor
and if so is there a way to correct this?

sandy58

On Oct 30, 3:00 pm, Edge <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I am planning to upgrade to a 20 " or higher LCD with a 1600x1200
> res, .255 dot pitch or 1680 x 1050 res, .276 dot pitch for both CAD
> and office work. This would be the native resolution for each monitor.
> On my current old Viewsonic CRT 17PS monitor with 1280 x1024 res
> there is problem when I have increase the text size in Windows to
> large (120 dpi), it does not display WYSIWYG (what you see is what
> you get). The fonts do not display properly in a Word document to
> show how the document prints (bold type, font etc). I am running an
> nVidia FX560 video card, XPP SP2. Will this occur on the new monitor
> and if so is there a way to correct this?

For Windows font:
Start>Control panel>Display>Appearance>Advanced>(dropdown & choose
font & size)
Winword has it's own font settings.

Jeff Strickland

Just set the new monitor to a lower resolution, or view your Word documents
at a higher zoom level. Try a 125% Zoom and see what happens.

But if you down-sample the resolution on your monitor, the text size will
grow. Or, if you zoom in on a document page, the text size will grow.

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...