Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > New Horizons Computer Learning Centers

New Horizons Computer Learning Centers

Jimt

My son is thinking about enrolling in this school to gain a MCSE
certificate. I know
nothing about them. Any feedback or alternatives to this school would be
appreciated.
Thanks, jimt

Bill McPherson

The one in my area closed. I took one course there, but some students
enrolled got screwed. I recommend discussing the stability with someone
already enrolled.
Also, your son should not think of enrolling just to become an MCSE. It's
not like getting an associate degree where you take the courses and they
give you a degree. New Horizons courses can be a resource to use towards
preparing for MCSE exams, but don't guarantee itself. Depending what area
you are in, I suggest shopping around to other training facilities and
seeing if he could get a price break somewhere. We usually get $500 or
$1000 off the Microsoft courses from a local training facility we work with.

--
Famous last words "I wonder what this does..."

"Jimt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> My son is thinking about enrolling in this school to gain a MCSE
> certificate. I know
> nothing about them. Any feedback or alternatives to this school would be
> appreciated.
> Thanks, jimt

=?Utf-8?B?amhhcmRlZQ==?=

Comparison shopping is always a good idea.

What about your local community college? They often have computer courses
which cover similar content. How about simply going to a bookstore and
picking up the Microsoft Press training kit? Here's an Amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/073...lance&n=283155
.. Have you considered online learning programs like Thomson NETg? Here's a
link to their program:
http://catalog.knowledgenet.com/tech...certs/mcse2003 .

If you can find a few sources for this endeavor, and find that this company
fits your needs on price, location, capability of instructors, and quality of
material, then go for it. However, don't forget to calculate in your son's
learning style. What presentation of the material will be best for his
retention? If you're not sure, I'd get the books first, have him study them
for a bit, and then supplement from there.

--Jeff

"Jimt" wrote:

> My son is thinking about enrolling in this school to gain a MCSE
> certificate. I know
> nothing about them. Any feedback or alternatives to this school would be
> appreciated.
> Thanks, jimt

=?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWEgQg==?=

"Jimt" wrote:

> My son is thinking about enrolling in this school to gain a MCSE
> certificate. I know
> nothing about them. Any feedback or alternatives to this school would be
> appreciated.
> Thanks, jimt

I've had good luck with New Horizons. I took a Citrix Administration class
at one of the New Horizons centers in 2004 and it was great. The teacher I
had really knew her stuff. I'm scheduled to take class to prepare for exam
70-290 in May. I'm hoping my teacher for this class will be just as good.

Re: New Horizons Pedro Simoes MCSE 0 11-24-2005 06:41 PM
New Horizons =?Utf-8?B?SmVkIEJheHRlcg==?= MCSE 11 11-22-2005 01:42 AM
new horizons izy MCSE 3 04-04-2005 10:27 AM
New Horizons CTEC =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUgU3F1aXRpZXJl?= Microsoft Certification 1 12-09-2004 04:37 PM
New Horizons Md. Mokbul Hossain MCSE 1 09-16-2003 05:10 PM

Advertisments