Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > TB 1.5 and Calendar???

TB 1.5 and Calendar???

Stubby

I downloaded the file, got into TB extension manager, found the file and
clicked "Install". After restarting TB, no calendar. What am I
missing? Thanks.

gwtc

Stubby wrote:

> I downloaded the file, got into TB extension manager, found the file and
> clicked "Install". After restarting TB, no calendar. What am I
> missing? Thanks.

sometimes, you have to try a couple of times

Leonidas Jones

gwtc wrote:
> Stubby wrote:
>
>> I downloaded the file, got into TB extension manager, found the file
>> and clicked "Install". After restarting TB, no calendar. What am I
>> missing? Thanks.

> sometimes, you have to try a couple of times

I never used the Calendar extension. Have you looked at Sunbird?

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird.html

Its pretty basic, but for light duty needs it works. Some people have
noted problems with this alpha. I've been using 0.2:

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/cale...nload_old.html

Lee

Stubby

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> gwtc wrote:
>> Stubby wrote:
>>
>>> I downloaded the file, got into TB extension manager, found the file
>>> and clicked "Install". After restarting TB, no calendar. What am I
>>> missing? Thanks.

>> sometimes, you have to try a couple of times

> I never used the Calendar extension. Have you looked at Sunbird?
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird.html
>
> Its pretty basic, but for light duty needs it works. Some people have
> noted problems with this alpha. I've been using 0.2:
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/cale...nload_old.html
>
> Lee

Thanks, Lee. I was actually after Sunbird but said "calendar".
Sunbird installed just fine but I don't know how to get it to use the
Sunbird calendar files on my old machine. It didn't work to copy them
into my Sunbird profile directory. Can you give me another hint? Thanks.

gwtc

Stubby wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>
>>gwtc wrote:

>>>sometimes, you have to try a couple of times

>>I never used the Calendar extension. Have you looked at Sunbird?
>>
>>http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird.html
>>
>>Its pretty basic, but for light duty needs it works. Some people have
>>noted problems with this alpha. I've been using 0.2:
>>
>>http://www.mozilla.org/projects/cale...nload_old.html
>>
>>Lee

> Thanks, Lee. I was actually after Sunbird but said "calendar".
> Sunbird installed just fine but I don't know how to get it to use the
> Sunbird calendar files on my old machine. It didn't work to copy them
> into my Sunbird profile directory. Can you give me another hint? Thanks.

There is a support group just for the calendar:

Doug G

Stubby wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>> gwtc wrote:

>>> sometimes, you have to try a couple of times

>> I never used the Calendar extension. Have you looked at Sunbird?
>>
>> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird.html
>>
>> Its pretty basic, but for light duty needs it works. Some people have
>> noted problems with this alpha. I've been using 0.2:
>>
>> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/cale...nload_old.html
>>
>> Lee

> Thanks, Lee. I was actually after Sunbird but said "calendar".
> Sunbird installed just fine but I don't know how to get it to use the
> Sunbird calendar files on my old machine. It didn't work to copy them
> into my Sunbird profile directory. Can you give me another hint? Thanks.

Try Import on Sunbird's File menu.

Stubby

Doug G wrote:
> Stubby wrote:

>>> I never used the Calendar extension. Have you looked at Sunbird?
>>>
>>> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird.html
>>>
>>> Its pretty basic, but for light duty needs it works. Some people have
>>> noted problems with this alpha. I've been using 0.2:
>>>
>>> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/cale...nload_old.html
>>>
>>> Lee

>> Thanks, Lee. I was actually after Sunbird but said "calendar".
>> Sunbird installed just fine but I don't know how to get it to use the
>> Sunbird calendar files on my old machine. It didn't work to copy
>> them into my Sunbird profile directory. Can you give me another
>> hint? Thanks.

> Try Import on Sunbird's File menu.

Thanks. That is probably the right thing to do but I reverted to
release 0.2 which still has individual files for each calendar. I
renamed my old files to be what 0.2 wanted to see and it seems to be
working again. 0.3 has a single database file that holds all calendars
and importing will be necessary. But if you read the release notes with
0.3, you probably won't touch it with a stick.