Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > need help with firefox problem

need help with firefox problem

dwjones45

hi: i seem to have a problem when selecting a bookmark. what i have been
doing is going to the start menu and selecting a bookmark from the favorites
menu. when i do this i receive the following error message: "windows can not
find http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/index.jsp?c_id=bos'. make sure
that you typed the name correctly, and then try again." now i have firefox
as my default browser and after this error message appears the website does
open. this only occurs when i have the browser closed. i do not receive this
type of message when i choose a favorite from the start menu if the browser
is opened. what could be causing this problem and how can i resolve it? this
is driving me bonkers. thanks dave

Rom

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 21:45:07 -0400, dwjones45 wrote:

> hi: i seem to have a problem when selecting a bookmark. what i have been
> doing is going to the start menu and selecting a bookmark from the favorites
> menu. when i do this i receive the following error message: "windows can not
> find http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/index.jsp?c_id=bos'. make sure
> that you typed the name correctly, and then try again." now i have firefox
> as my default browser and after this error message appears the website does
> open. this only occurs when i have the browser closed. i do not receive this
> type of message when i choose a favorite from the start menu if the browser
> is opened. what could be causing this problem and how can i resolve it? this
> is driving me bonkers. thanks dave

Try:
<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Windows_error_opening_Internet_shortcut_or_local_H TML_file_-_Firefox>

--