Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > [Announcement] OpenSource SOA Stack based on Apache Geronimo - GASwerk

[Announcement] OpenSource SOA Stack based on Apache Geronimo - GASwerk

kristian

Hi

we developed a OpenSource SOA Stack based on Apache Geronimo. The
stack includes an Enterprise Service Bus (Apache ServiceMix), a
Business Process Execution Engine (Apache ODE), Rule Based Routing
(Apache Camel) and JavaEE feature support (Apache Geronimo).

The idea is to prevent companies to 'reinvent the OpenSource SOA
wheel' when building SOA solutions.

The first release is avaliable from our Sourceforge Web Site:
http://gaswerk.sourceforge.net

The stack is called "GASwerk SOA Stack". A simple sample is also
available as download to see GASwerk SOA Stack in action.

Comments welcome

Kristian

---
http://gaswerk.sourceforge.net

Lew

kristian wrote:
> The idea is to prevent companies to 'reinvent the OpenSource SOA
> wheel' when building SOA solutions.
>
> The first release is avaliable from our Sourceforge Web Site:
> http://gaswerk.sourceforge.net
>
> The stack is called "GASwerk SOA Stack". A simple sample is also
> available as download to see GASwerk SOA Stack in action.

Some might think that clj.announce is the only place for this, but I think
clj.programmer is a great place to hear about useful new Java-based stuff,
especially open source.

Unfortunately, your link opened only very reluctantly for me. Still, all's
well that ends well.

I did see typos and other errors on your SourceForge page.

The first paragraph refers to "'production ready' solutions", with the quotes
around "production ready". The presence of the quote marks denotes that, in
fact, the solutions are not production ready. Quote marks are used to
indicate that a term does not actually apply, but that it is misapplied either
for deception or metaphor.

The paragraph that begins "Three server assemblies" has a sentence fragment in
lieu of a second sentence.

The paragraph about the "SOA Stack" uses the word "which" instead of "that".
It refers to "an business process engine" in the final sentence.

The final sentence of the "Spring" paragraph lacks a comma after "Equipped
with GASwerk Spring".

In the paragraph about JMS you have the word "busniesses". The subject and
verb number do not agree in "throughput and relability is critical". The word
"relability" is misspelled, considerably undermining the point.

The final exhortation, "Geb GAS!" - what does that mean?

--
Lew

kristian

Hi

> Some might think that clj.announce is the only place for this, but I think
> clj.programmer is a great place to hear about useful new Java-based stuff,
> especially open source.

OK. Sorry for that. I wasn't clear to me where i can post such an
announcement...

> I did see typos and other errors on your SourceForge page.

Thanks for your comments! I updated the site...

> The final exhortation, "Geb GAS!" - what does that mean?

Oh, that's a german phrase saying "speed-up".

Kristian

Lew

kristian wrote:
> Oh, that's a german phrase saying "speed-up".

It looks like a typo for "Get GAS!", which in American English is something
that happens if you have digestive difficulty. Even without the implicit pun,
it looks like a typo. The rest of the page is in English; a very minuscule
fraction of your audience will even know that it was supposed to be German,
much less what it means.

Sorry, but I'm afraid to download the software.

--
Lew

HP

Op Tue, 30 Oct 2007 08:45:58 -0400, tikte Lew:

> Sorry, but I'm afraid to download the software.

Well if there are any win32-virusses or linux-trojans in the code, you at
least have the chance to see where they are

--
greetz,
Henk-Peter

Lew

HP wrote:
> Op Tue, 30 Oct 2007 08:45:58 -0400, tikte Lew:
>
>> Sorry, but I'm afraid to download the software.

> Well if there are any win32-virusses or linux-trojans in the code, you at
> least have the chance to see where they are

I'm not worried about that.

--
Lew

Roedy Green

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 13:29:47 -0700, kristian
who said :

>we developed a OpenSource SOA Stack based on Apache Geronimo. The
>stack includes an Enterprise Service Bus (Apache ServiceMix), a
>Business Process Execution Engine (Apache ODE), Rule Based Routing
>(Apache Camel) and JavaEE feature support (Apache Geronimo).

by SOA you don't mean
As the as the ultimate authority on the domain the owner of a domain
or his agent must keep electronic records about his domain They tell
the Internet where to find authorative name servers the primary
source of name lookup information, that is distributed and cached
through out the Internet. These records also register all the publicly
accessible name servers for the domain. They also map name to IP for
all the servers in the domain. They define aliases and canonical
names.

right?
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
The Java Glossary

kristian

On Oct 30, 7:45 pm, Roedy Green <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 13:29:47 -0700, kristian
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone
> who said :
>
> >we developed a OpenSource SOA Stack based on Apache Geronimo. The
> >stack includes an Enterprise Service Bus (Apache ServiceMix), a
> >Business Process Execution Engine (Apache ODE), Rule Based Routing
> >(Apache Camel) and JavaEE feature support (Apache Geronimo).

> by SOA you don't mean
> As the as the ultimate authority on the domain the owner of a domain
> or his agent must keep electronic records about his domain They tell
> the Internet where to find authorative name servers - the primary
> source of name lookup information, that is distributed and cached
> through out the Internet. These records also register all the publicly
> accessible name servers for the domain. They also map name to IP for
> all the servers in the domain. They define aliases and canonical
> names.
>
> right?
> --
> Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
> The Java Glossaryhttp://mindprod.com

right

wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 13:29:47 -0700, kristian
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone
> who said :
>
> >we developed a OpenSource SOA Stack based on Apache Geronimo. The
> >stack includes an Enterprise Service Bus (Apache ServiceMix), a
> >Business Process Execution Engine (Apache ODE), Rule Based Routing
> >(Apache Camel) and JavaEE feature support (Apache Geronimo).

> by SOA you don't mean
> As the as the ultimate authority on the domain the owner of a domain
> or his agent must keep electronic records about his domain They tell
> the Internet where to find authorative name servers - the primary
> source of name lookup information, that is distributed and cached
> through out the Internet. These records also register all the publicly
> accessible name servers for the domain. They also map name to IP for
> all the servers in the domain. They define aliases and canonical
> names.
>
> right?
> --
> Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
> The Java Glossaryhttp://mindprod.com

with SOA i mean:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service...d_architecture

Kristian

Ingo Menger

On 30 Okt., 08:15, kristian <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > The final exhortation, "Geb GAS!" - what does that mean?

> Oh, that's a german phrase saying "speed-up".

No, it's not. It's an indication that even otherwise excellent young
people (which I believe kristian is) cannot use their own mothers'
language anymore properly. The imperative of the verb "geben" (to
give) is still "gib" in singular and "gebt" in plural. It's the
difference between so called strong verbs and weak ones. In the strong
verbs, the vocal changes when used as imperative or in past time:

"Ich gebe Gas." (I am speeding up.)
"Ich gab Gas." (I sped up.)
"Gib Gas!" (Speed up!)

Learn About All Things SOA:: SOA India 2007:: IISc, Bangalore (Nov 21-23) Nags Java 0 10-08-2007 07:13 AM
Opensource vs Microsoft, Wat do you think about opensource? cracker Python 2 05-19-2006 08:33 AM
Geronimo and Tomcat yzzzzz Java 2 05-12-2005 02:14 PM
NYJavaSIG Meeting 12/15/04 - Apache Geronimo - Open Source J2EE-Compliant App Server Frank D. Greco Java 0 12-12-2004 12:24 AM

Advertisments