Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Exam scoring !

Exam scoring !

liben christophe

Hi everybody,

sorry for my english it isn't my native language. Hope you will
understand me properly.

So my question is:

- when you answer a question and the answer is correct you earn points !!!
of course !

- when you don't answer a question, you don't earn points-- > it is logical

BUT

- when you ansewer a question and the answer is not correct WHAT'S
HAPPENING ? you don't earn points or you loose points ?????

it is urgent to know 'cause i'm takingthe exam tomorrow morning

Have a nice day !!!

Chris from Belgium

DST

For questions where you can only select one answer, it is generaly
believed you don't loose points (I don't know about an official MS
statement).

But for questions were you have to select more than one answer, you'll
only get the full score when you select all the right answers and none
of the wrong ones. Selecting all answers is not a good strategy

What exam are you taking, and were?

DST from Brussels

liben christophe

I'm also MCDST
I pass the 70-270
I only need to take the 70-290 and 70-291 to earn the MCSA certification

i'm going to take the exam in LR Technology In Brussels
Where are you coming from?

"DST" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> For questions where you can only select one answer, it is generaly
> believed you don't loose points (I don't know about an official MS
> statement).
>
> But for questions were you have to select more than one answer, you'll
> only get the full score when you select all the right answers and none
> of the wrong ones. Selecting all answers is not a good strategy
>
> What exam are you taking, and were?
>
> DST from Brussels

DST

DST is the TLA (Three Letter Accronym) of my name, Didier STevens

I'm not a MCDST, but I'm a MCSD .NET - MCDBA SQL2K - MCSE/Security
W2K3.

If you want to continue this conversation, contact me at my gmail
address.

DST

=?Utf-8?B?VGhhbnR6aW50dW4=?=

Yes, You don't earn point. But, you earned experiences and practice for the
next try.
--
tzt

"liben christophe" wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> sorry for my english it isn't my native language. Hope you will
> understand me properly.
>
> So my question is:
>
> - when you answer a question and the answer is correct you earn points !!!
> of course !
>
> - when you don't answer a question, you don't earn points-- > it is logical
>

> BUT
>
> - when you ansewer a question and the answer is not correct WHAT'S
> HAPPENING ? you don't earn points or you loose points ?????
>

> it is urgent to know 'cause i'm takingthe exam tomorrow morning
>

> Have a nice day !!!
>
> Chris from Belgium

=?Utf-8?B?UGF5YWw=?=

Hello DST,
I am going to take 70-315 next week..could u please help me?
I want to know...how good are Microsoft assessments? Should I depend on
their scores? Are they similar to actual cert. questions?
Thanks and regards,

"DST" wrote:

> DST is the TLA (Three Letter Accronym) of my name, Didier STevens
>
> I'm not a MCDST, but I'm a MCSD .NET - MCDBA SQL2K - MCSE/Security
> W2K3.
>
> If you want to continue this conversation, contact me at my gmail
> address.
>
> DST

DST

Payal,

I didn't take the MS assessments.

I used the MS press and the Exam Cram 2 books.
The questions in the MS press books don't resemble the actual questions
at all, they are open questions, but are good to check what you
learned.
The questions in the Exam Cram 2 books are like actual exam questions,
but a bit easier.

Once I used a CD with an exam simulation that was in the MS Press book
(don't remember which), it was really crappy software: bugs & crashes,
and even incorrect answers to the questions! But I mention this because
I was surprised when I recognized one of the questions on the actual
exam! Can't say it was 100% identical, but it sure was very close to
it.

I'm probably to late with my reply, how was your exam?

DST

70-272 Exam Scoring? Bryce Nicholson MCDST 1 12-24-2007 12:19 AM
Bug in MCP exam scoring? Neil9327@gmail.com MCSE 25 05-05-2006 07:08 PM
MCP Exam Scoring .... Devo-McDuff MCDST 2 09-01-2005 04:35 PM
Exam Scoring? Ant MCSE 6 04-29-2004 02:12 PM
Microsoft Changes Exam Scoring Dave Girvitz MCSD 2 08-22-2003 03:38 PM

Advertisments