Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > problems with table layout

problems with table layout

Andy Dingley

On 30 Oct, 13:10, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> This "richard" is of course Bullis.

<sigh>
I know 8-(

I'm just trying to be a good little Wikipedian
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Assume_good_faith>

Jonathan N. Little

Chaddy2222 wrote:

> And people wonder why the regulars in these groups get ****ed off with
> a lot of the newbies!.

Yeah, I was honestly going to try to help him, but I do not have the
patience of Job.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Jonathan N. Little

Andy Dingley wrote:

> Be warned that many newsgroups (for obscure but excellent historical
> reasons) have a real problem with new or unknown posters called
> "richard". The slightest sign of forgiveable naivety (not posting URLs
> to your work so far isn't popular) is likely to see you labelled as a
> total idiot and ignored. As you also appear to post to trucking
> newsgroups, it's probably justified. If you post to trucking
> newsgroups you'll probably understand why, even if you don't deserve
> it.

Damn! It is "Richard the Stupid"! Ah, next time I have to look at the
source more carefully. I feel sorry for the poor folks named Richard
with this guy's notoriety so prevalent.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

richard

On Oct 29, 11:31 pm, Chaddy2222 <spamlovermailbox-
(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Oct 30, 1:34 pm, "Jonathan N. Little" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> > richard wrote:

> > > As well as reading. It would appear that this is an issue with IE7
> > > itself. The scrolling as desired will take place but only under
> > > certain circumstances.

> > Okay. Well good luck with that.

> And people wonder why the regulars in these groups get ****ed off with
> a lot of the newbies!.
> --
> Regards Chad.http://freewebdesign.awardspace.biz

A newbie I am not. It's that I have not posted into this group for
quite some time.
My last trucking job did not give me a lot of free time to play with
online.

richard

On Oct 30, 6:09 am, Andy Dingley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 29 Oct, 14:47, richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I am trying out a couple of layouts for presenting some information in
> > table format. Basically, two tables side by side.

> So this is _NOT_ a question about laying out <table>s, it's about how
> to lay out two plain old HTML boxes next to each other. So use CSS and
> do it with float. This isn't easy, and it's certainly not as easy as
> people think to start out with. However a very good tutorial is over
> here:
> <http://brainjar.com/css/positioning/>
>
> Be warned that many newsgroups (for obscure but excellent historical
> reasons) have a real problem with new or unknown posters called
> "richard". The slightest sign of forgiveable naivety (not posting URLs
> to your work so far isn't popular) is likely to see you labelled as a
> total idiot and ignored. As you also appear to post to trucking
> newsgroups, it's probably justified. If you post to trucking
> newsgroups you'll probably understand why, even if you don't deserve
> it.

Not quite right. The issue was over scrolling, which as I found out
later had to with the ignorance of IE7 and nothing with what I was
doing.

richard

On Oct 30, 7:10 am, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Andy Dingley wrote:
> > Be warned that many newsgroups (for obscure but excellent historical
> > reasons) have a real problem with new or unknown posters called
> > "richard". The slightest sign of forgiveable naivety (not posting URLs
> > to your work so far isn't popular) is likely to see you labelled as a
> > total idiot and ignored. As you also appear to post to trucking
> > newsgroups, it's probably justified. If you post to trucking
> > newsgroups you'll probably understand why, even if you don't deserve
> > it.

> This "richard" is of course Bullis.
>
> From: richard <(E-Mail Removed)>

Brilliant deduction Dr. Watson.. Precisley the reason why I chose that
addy. So that people would not have to second guess who it was. Which
is also a spam trap addy. Reply to it, I don't care. I nev er read the
mail in it.

3 guesses as to who you are in real life. As you only seem to appear
whenever a certain other poster appears. Coincidence?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

richard wrote:

> 3 guesses as to who you are in real life. As you only seem to appear
> whenever a certain other poster appears. Coincidence?

That is not so at all.

--
-bts

Bone Ur

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 30 Oct 2007 14:43:41 GMT
richard scribed:

>> And people wonder why the regulars in these groups get ****ed off with
>> a lot of the newbies!.
>> --
>> Regards Chad.http://freewebdesign.awardspace.biz

> A newbie I am not. It's that I have not posted into this group for
> quite some time.
> My last trucking job did not give me a lot of free time to play with
> online.

Maybe not, but I think the point is that your time would have been lessened
by including a url in the first place.

--
Bone Ur
Cavemen have formidable pheromones.

Blinky the Shark

Jonathan N. Little wrote:
> Chaddy2222 wrote:
>
>> And people wonder why the regulars in these groups get ****ed off with
>> a lot of the newbies!.

> Yeah, I was honestly going to try to help him, but I do not have the
> patience of Job.

The good ol' GG filter took care of things, here, except for most of the

Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

dorayme

In article <4fea5$472733fa$40cba7b6$(E-Mail Removed)>,

> Chaddy2222 wrote:
>
> > And people wonder why the regulars in these groups get ****ed off with
> > a lot of the newbies!.

> Yeah, I was honestly going to try to help him, but I do not have the
> patience of Job.

But surely your comparison beyond that is a bit exaggerated? He
put up with a great deal indeed. His family is taken away by the
devil, he is told lies about their fate, he is covered in skin
abscesses. He holds out from blaming God for hs sufferings in
spite of believing that he has done nothing to deserve his
misfortunes.

Jonathan, the only thing I can think of to compare you to Job is
that he too, in his Land of Uz, was on dialup - though he might
have had, as a special, a dedicated broadband connection to God.

Anyway, bless you, my son.

--
dorayme

Layout suggestions - table layout sso Java 6 04-30-2009 05:17 AM
Css-Layout vs Table-Layout Habib HTML 15 06-20-2006 05:11 AM
Table-based layout to CSS layout Guybrush Threepwood HTML 20 06-11-2006 11:12 AM