Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > HELP

=?Utf-8?B?Q3VyaW91cyBBbXk=?=

I just installed windows xp on my computer. I can not access the internet. My
local connection can not find a physical address, default gateway, or dns
address. Why?

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

If you don't setup security on wireless, can you access it? Or post the
result of ipconfig /all here.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

"Curious Amy" <Curious http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just installed windows xp on my computer. I can not access the internet.
>My
> local connection can not find a physical address, default gateway, or dns
> address. Why?

Chuck [MVP]

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 07:19:01 -0700, Curious Amy <Curious
(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I just installed windows xp on my computer. I can not access the internet. My
>local connection can not find a physical address, default gateway, or dns
>address. Why?

Amy,

A few details here would greatly help. We aren't there beside you.
<http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/06/background-information-useful-in.html>
http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...useful-in.html

Are there other computers beside this one? How long have you had this one? Has
it ever worked? If so, what did you change recently?
<http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/08/solving-network-problems-tutorial.html>
http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/0...-tutorial.html

You could maybe diagnose the problem, using a log from "ipconfig /all".
<http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/05/troubleshooting-internet-service.html#AskingForHelp>

Cheers,
http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/
My email is AT DOT
actual address pchuck mvps org.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Following the process as describe on these page might help to find the
problem.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...