Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox is ALMOST default browser....

Firefox is ALMOST default browser....

nooneimportant

So i had probs wiht an extension with firefox, thanks to all who replied,
got'r'dun. Got it back running up to speed and reset it to the default
browser. Links from documents open in firefox, my yahoo mail indicator
opens in firefox, locally stored HTML opens in firefox, however clicking on
a URL in outlookexpress opens to AvantBrowser.... Any ideas? (no i don't
want to use a different newsreader)

Leonidas Jones

nooneimportant wrote:
> So i had probs wiht an extension with firefox, thanks to all who replied,
> got'r'dun. Got it back running up to speed and reset it to the default
> browser. Links from documents open in firefox, my yahoo mail indicator
> opens in firefox, locally stored HTML opens in firefox, however clicking on
> a URL in outlookexpress opens to AvantBrowser.... Any ideas? (no i don't
> want to use a different newsreader)

Since the problem seems to be restricted to OE, it would be an OE
problem. If you want to set up Thunderbird as a test, that might help
us troubleshoot.

Perhaps, an OE user here may have some insight for you. If not, try the
MS groups for help.

Lee

Ed Mullen

nooneimportant wrote:
> So i had probs wiht an extension with firefox, thanks to all who replied,
> got'r'dun. Got it back running up to speed and reset it to the default
> browser. Links from documents open in firefox, my yahoo mail indicator
> opens in firefox, locally stored HTML opens in firefox, however clicking on
> a URL in outlookexpress opens to AvantBrowser.... Any ideas? (no i don't
> want to use a different newsreader)

What version of Windows (including service pack level)? If WinXPSP2,
did you set Firefox as the default using Start - Set Program Access and
Defaults? Have you checked all possible file types/extensions in
Explorer - Tools - Folder Options - File Types?

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net