Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Anchor Pseudo-Elements

Anchor Pseudo-Elements

JohnW-Mpls

What Pseudo-Elements are valid with the Anchior tag - and under which
browsers?

This is really a css thing - but I have seen a variety:
a:
a:link
a:vlink
a:hover
a:active
a:visited

Any suggestions - or good source?

--
JohnW-Mpls

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

JohnW-Mpls wrote:

> What Pseudo-Elements are valid with the Anchior tag - and under which
> browsers?

...all modern browsers that do CSS.

> This is really a css thing - but I have seen a variety:

a { ...
a:link { ...
a:visited { ...
a.focus { ...
a:hover { ...
a:active { ...

In that order.

--
-bts
-Las Vegas Finally Has Animals

Harlan Messinger

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> JohnW-Mpls wrote:
>
>> What Pseudo-Elements are valid with the Anchior tag - and under which
>> browsers?

> ..all modern browsers that do CSS.
>
>> This is really a css thing - but I have seen a variety:

> a { ...
> a:link { ...
> a:visited { ...
> a.focus { ...
> a:hover { ...
> a:active { ...

Mnemonic: Las Vegas Free Hotel Accommodations.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Harlan Messinger wrote:

> Mnemonic: Las Vegas Free Hotel Accommodations.

That's a good one, too!

--
-bts

How to jump to an anchor? Robert Wehofer ASP .Net 2 11-17-2003 11:51 PM
Anchor Names in ASP AC ASP .Net 5 11-17-2003 07:07 AM
Postback and set focus to Page anchor Janaka ASP .Net 0 10-28-2003 11:48 AM
anchor question Mike P ASP .Net 1 08-05-2003 12:14 PM
moving to an anchor point programmatically Craig Phillips ASP .Net 2 07-03-2003 01:32 PM

Advertisments