Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > lining up image with text

Reply
Thread Tools

lining up image with text

 
 
freemont
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-29-2007
http://tinyurl.com/2awmg8

What else is new? Looks ok in Opera and Konq, but not IE or (surprisingly)
FF.

I wish for the items with buttons to show the image lined up with the text
in the <dt>. Solving with margins only messes it up in the browsers it
looks ok in now. I could place the items in the <dt> into a table, and
they'd line up perfectly, but then I'd have a block element inside an
inline element, which is a no-no. And I don't wanna stickem in no stinkin
table anyway.

Little things like this drive me nuts. I need help.

HELLLLP!

--
"Because all you of Earth are idiots!"
¯`·..·¯`·-> freemont <-·¯`·..·¯
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Els
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-29-2007
freemont wrote:

> http://tinyurl.com/2awmg8


> I wish for the items with buttons to show the image lined up with the text
> in the <dt>. Solving with margins only messes it up in the browsers it
> looks ok in now. I could place the items in the <dt> into a table, and
> they'd line up perfectly, but then I'd have a block element inside an
> inline element, which is a no-no. And I don't wanna stickem in no stinkin
> table anyway.


Switch the order of the right floated image and the left-aligned text.
(and then play with line-height and padding)

> Little things like this drive me nuts. I need help.




--
Els http://locusmeus.com/
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
freemont
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-29-2007
On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 13:18:55 +0100, Els writ:

> Switch the order of the right floated image and the left-aligned text.


heheh... yep!

Four eyes are better than two.

Thank you so much, Els!

--
"Because all you of Earth are idiots!"
¯`·..·¯`·-> freemont <-·¯`·..·¯
 
Reply With Quote
 
Jonathan N. Little
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-29-2007
freemont wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/2awmg8
>
> What else is new? Looks ok in Opera and Konq, but not IE or (surprisingly)
> FF.
>
> I wish for the items with buttons to show the image lined up with the text
> in the <dt>. Solving with margins only messes it up in the browsers it
> looks ok in now. I could place the items in the <dt> into a table, and
> they'd line up perfectly, but then I'd have a block element inside an
> inline element, which is a no-no. And I don't wanna stickem in no stinkin
> table anyway.
>
> Little things like this drive me nuts. I need help.
>
> HELLLLP!
>


Change from:

..button {
border:none;
float:right;
line-height:80%;
}

To:

..button {
border:none;
float:right;
margin-top: .4em;
}


--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
lining up delimiter separated text scooterm@hotmail.com Ruby 4 01-28-2008 06:29 PM
Table not lining up next to text tshad HTML 16 04-03-2005 10:26 PM
Lining up 'equals' signs Lazaroo HTML 3 03-26-2005 02:37 PM
(QUESTION) lining up border-bottom with padding-left:0.5em Steve Pugh HTML 3 02-11-2005 07:31 PM
CSS: Lining up images on one line RobM HTML 0 09-27-2004 11:56 AM



Advertisments