Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > C870 PPPoE

C870 PPPoE

Andreas Heinzelmann

Hi there,

a quick question about PPPoE. How do I configure a reconnect on a C871 if
the line is terminated by the ISP? The router needs to be always available
to the WAN Side.

Thank you.

Andy

Carsten Schneider

"Andreas Heinzelmann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:fg49ur$84p$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi there,
>
> a quick question about PPPoE. How do I configure a reconnect on a C871
> if the line is terminated by the ISP? The router needs to be always
> available to the WAN Side.

Search for the option "dial-on-demand" in your config and delete it....

Gruß,
Carsten

--
(Bei eMail-Kontakt: Bitte "USENET" im Betreff mit angeben.
For emails: Please put 'USENET' somewhere in the subject.)

Merv

Also check out the dialer persistent feature to see if it is available
on your router:

Dialer Persistent Plus Failed Connection Delays

http://cco.cisco.com/en/US/p/product...html#wp1030521

Andreas Heinzelmann

">> Hi there,

>> a quick question about PPPoE. How do I configure a reconnect on a C871
>> if the line is terminated by the ISP? The router needs to be always
>> available to the WAN Side.
>>

> Search for the option "dial-on-demand" in your config and delete it....

And thats about it? If the ISP cuts the line the Box will automaticly
reastablish the connection? Is this the IOS-default?
Thanx for your help!

> Gruß,
> Carsten

Carsten Schneider

"Andreas Heinzelmann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:fg4g8r$kr8$1
@news.albasani.net:

> And thats about it? If the ISP cuts the line the Box will automaticly
> reastablish the connection? Is this the IOS-default?
> Thanx for your help!

It works for my 871 and a german Telekom-ADSL line...

Regards,
Carsten

--
(Bei eMail-Kontakt: Bitte "USENET" im Betreff mit angeben.
For emails: Please put 'USENET' somewhere in the subject.)

Merv

you could try the command "clear interface dialer x" where x is you
dialer interface

to see if the PPOE session is re-established

Carsten Schneider

Carsten Schneider <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> It works for my 871 and a german Telekom-ADSL line...

PS: In this situation my router is offline for about 3 secondes...

Regards,
Carsten

--
(Bei eMail-Kontakt: Bitte "USENET" im Betreff mit angeben.
For emails: Please put 'USENET' somewhere in the subject.)

Andreas Heinzelmann

> "Andreas Heinzelmann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:fg4g8r$kr8$1
> @news.albasani.net:
>
>> And thats about it? If the ISP cuts the line the Box will automaticly
>> reastablish the connection? Is this the IOS-default?
>> Thanx for your help!

> It works for my 871 and a german Telekom-ADSL line...

Well, I will try as soon as I am at the box. But I have another question. Do
I have to do Anything on the Firewall to access the Router from the WAN
Interface. I would like to be able to ssh and SDM (via https) the Box from
remote.

Thanks...Andy