Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > i failled this in the exam - how does one index an AD attribute that is not there?

i failled this in the exam - how does one index an AD attribute that is not there?

seb09070@googlemail.com

Can anyone help

I took the 70-294 exam last week and got a score of 677, so i guess i
just fell short of the 700 passmark. there was however a simulation
question that confused me that i need help on

I was asked to deactivate a object class called dataobject which i did
I was then asked to activate an object class called dataobject2 which
i did
I was then asked to ensure it was searchable or indexed by active dir.
so i went to ATTRIBUTES to look for dataobject2 and it was not there.
My intention was to right click on it and go into properties and click
on the index check boxes.

I then thought OK maybe i should create it. so i right clicked on
attributes and clicked on new attribute but like everything else when
Microsoft dont want you to carry out a certain action nothing happens.

Given the above how else does one index an object?

seb09070@googlemail.com

can anyone help please

Mostly Gizzards

> can anyone help please

Sounds like the simulation was borked. Did you leave feedback?

MG

=?Utf-8?B?V2F5bmUgQW5kZXJzb24=?=

Are you really sure that this was 70-294?

Also, with 677, you probably missed a few more questions than that. IN my
experience, trying to challenge your exam results is probably not the way to
go here. i would strongly recommend that you kind of step back, reassess the
material (especially around GPOs, etc) and re-attempt the exam in a week or
two. Chances you that you will pass on that attempt.

Also, if you have the time and resources, setup a computer as a domain
controller or setup the computer with virtual server and build a domain
controller and a couple clients. Place the clients in separate OUs. Build
various security policies affecting the PCs. Get additional experience on
the platform to backup the knowledge you already have and to "freshen" the
details of active directory in your mind.

My advice to you would be to count the -294 attempt you just made as a
"done" deal and concentrate on how to make a strong pass the next time.
--
Wayne Anderson

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> Can anyone help
>
> I took the 70-294 exam last week and got a score of 677, so i guess i
> just fell short of the 700 passmark. there was however a simulation
> question that confused me that i need help on
>
> I was asked to deactivate a object class called dataobject which i did
> I was then asked to activate an object class called dataobject2 which
> i did
> I was then asked to ensure it was searchable or indexed by active dir.
> so i went to ATTRIBUTES to look for dataobject2 and it was not there.
> My intention was to right click on it and go into properties and click
> on the index check boxes.
>
> I then thought OK maybe i should create it. so i right clicked on
> attributes and clicked on new attribute but like everything else when
> Microsoft dont want you to carry out a certain action nothing happens.
>
> Given the above how else does one index an object?

seb09070@googlemail.com

thank wayne for you reply and advise. Actually i wasnt challenging the
exam i wanted to know this because i do know they repeat questions so
wanted to know this for next time

Anyway i have booked the exam for tomorrow

wish me luck

thnaks