Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Browser detection

Browser detection

Roger

Hi all

Can anyone point me in the right direction for drowser detgection, I can't
use javascript as i understand mobile phones etc, java is mostly turned of
bu default
Thanks for the help in advance

Roger

Mark Rae [MVP]

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306576

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

Roger

Thanks Mark

Would the soloution be the same idea for c#
just asking as i cant try it right now

thanks again
Roger

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Roger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> Can anyone point me in the right direction for drowser detgection, I
>> can't use javascript as i understand mobile phones etc, java is mostly
>> turned of by default

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306576
>

> --
> Mark Rae
> ASP.NET MVP
> http://www.markrae.net

Mark Rae [MVP]

"Roger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Would the soloution be the same idea for c#

Yes - apart from the obvious syntactical differences...

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

Spam Catcher

"Roger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Can anyone point me in the right direction for drowser detgection, I
> can't use javascript as i understand mobile phones etc, java is mostly
> turned of bu default
> Thanks for the help in advance

You may want to take a look at BrowserHawk - it's a component which can
determine what features a client supports:

http://www.cyscape.com/

Otherwise you can parse the User Agent string.

mkwong8888@hotmail.com

You can also get the browser detection component free from
http://www.browserobject.com