Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > PIX- 2 VPNS towards the same IP address

PIX- 2 VPNS towards the same IP address

AM

01-31-2006
Ok,

I work at the head quarter. We have a lot of VPNs between HQ and remote sites.
By passing the problem of the traffic flowing among remote sites through the same interface (that's not the problem) I
would know if it is possible to create in the PIX two separate VPN (with different priority) towards the same IP address .

Managing remotely devices at the remote sites from the HQ, I would like to separate tunnels for traffic between HQ and
remote sites and among remote sites. The reason is that I will have to change quite often the second tunnel adding or
deleting networks but I don't want to touch that which allows me to communicate with the other device which manages the
other tunnel end-point. I could reach the other VPN device using public IP but it will complicate my life as I don't
manage all the devices.
The ASDM 5.0 (PIX 7.0.2) doesn't permit that. Is that a limit of ASDM? Or is not possible at all?

TIA

Alex.