Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > chat

Gaius Baltar

I'm looking for a chat for my website in PHP or Flash (if it can run on
php-servers). It should have registering and guest entry and also for every
user a profile with a photo. May cost something if necessary.

Any ideas?

Gaius

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sat, 27 Oct 2007 19:24:47
GMT Gaius Baltar scribed:

> I'm looking for a chat for my website in PHP or Flash (if it can run
> on php-servers). It should have registering and guest entry and also
> for every user a profile with a photo. May cost something if
> necessary.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Gaius

Why not make your own?

Okay, it's daunting - I'll admit, but I made a mini-blog for my now-retired
home page a few months ago and that was a gas! I may even resurrect it
someday but I'm on a minimalist spree right now.

Honestly, it shouldn't be that hard though it will take time.

--
Neredbojias
Just a boogar in the proboscis of life.

J.O. Aho

Neredbojias wrote:
> Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sat, 27 Oct 2007 19:24:47
> GMT Gaius Baltar scribed:
>
>> I'm looking for a chat for my website in PHP or Flash (if it can run
>> on php-servers). It should have registering and guest entry and also
>> for every user a profile with a photo. May cost something if
>> necessary.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Gaius

> Why not make your own?
>
> Okay, it's daunting - I'll admit, but I made a mini-blog for my now-retired
> home page a few months ago and that was a gas! I may even resurrect it
> someday but I'm on a minimalist spree right now.
>
> Honestly, it shouldn't be that hard though it will take time.

Why not use a system that is made for chatting instead of a slow web
based solution? Be a human and use irc.

--

//Aho

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 28 Oct 2007 08:52:16
GMT J.O. Aho scribed:

>>> I'm looking for a chat for my website in PHP or Flash (if it can run
>>> on php-servers). It should have registering and guest entry and also
>>> for every user a profile with a photo. May cost something if
>>> necessary.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Gaius

>> Why not make your own?
>>
>> Okay, it's daunting - I'll admit, but I made a mini-blog for my
>> now-retired home page a few months ago and that was a gas! I may
>> even resurrect it someday but I'm on a minimalist spree right now.
>>
>> Honestly, it shouldn't be that hard though it will take time.
>>

> Why not use a system that is made for chatting instead of a slow web
> based solution? Be a human and use irc.

Well, your question seems logical enough, but what's an irc? Furthermore,
I tried being human once and it definitely sucked the big banana.

--
Neredbojias
Just a boogar in the proboscis of life.

Blinky the Shark

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRC

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Neredbojias
<(E-Mail Removed)> writing in
news:Xns99D75815D6FEnanopandaneredbojias@85.214.62 .108:

Internet Relay Chat - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRC

--
Adrienne Boswell at Home
Arbpen Web Site Design Services

dorayme

http://people.aapt.net.au/~miltonreid/chatroom.html

--
dorayme

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 28 Oct 2007 18:11:44
GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:

>>> Why not use a system that is made for chatting instead of a slow web
>>> based solution? Be a human and use irc.

>> Well, your question seems logical enough, but what's an irc?
>> Furthermore, I tried being human once and it definitely sucked the
>> big banana.

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRC

Well, for your information, I found that explanation rather ircsome.

--
Neredbojias
Just a boogar in the proboscis of life.

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 28 Oct 2007 20:10:37
GMT dorayme scribed:

>> Neredbojias wrote:
>> >
>> > Okay, it's daunting - I'll admit, but I made a mini-blog for my
>> > now-retired home page a few months ago and that was a gas! I may
>> > even resurrect it someday but I'm on a minimalist spree right now.
>> >
>> > Honestly, it shouldn't be that hard though it will take time.
>> >

>> Why not use a system that is made for chatting instead of a slow web
>> based solution? Be a human and use irc.

> http://people.aapt.net.au/~miltonreid/chatroom.html

rf says it's a hard choice. The broad's cute but the guy's naked...

--

Neredbojias wrote:
> Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 28 Oct 2007 18:11:44
> GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:

>>> Well, your question seems logical enough, but what's an irc?
>>> Furthermore, I tried being human once and it definitely sucked the
>>> big banana.

>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRC

> Well, for your information, I found that explanation rather ircsome.

You're just jircing me around.