Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Forgotten Administrator Password

Forgotten Administrator Password

=?Utf-8?B?QnViYmE=?=

I built a HTPC with XP Pro x64 Edition as thge OS. I had problems finding
Internet Security software and a wireless card. BitDefender had a beta
version and Abit had a PCI-E card. I had to find an antenna with a longer
lead. It took a while to locate one. I did not write down my Administrator
password so now I cannot get on the PC. Is there anything I can do short of
wiping the HD and reinstalling? How about the product key? Thanks.
--
WTM

Charlie Russel - MVP

If that's the only account you created, then your best solution is to do a
"repair install", IMHO. Google "repair install windows xp" and the first hit
will be Michael Stevens site. Follow the instructions there. Part of that
process will include setting the administrator password. And it should keep
your current settings and drivers.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"Bubba" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I built a HTPC with XP Pro x64 Edition as thge OS. I had problems finding
> Internet Security software and a wireless card. BitDefender had a beta
> version and Abit had a PCI-E card. I had to find an antenna with a longer
> lead. It took a while to locate one. I did not write down my Administrator
> password so now I cannot get on the PC. Is there anything I can do short
> of
> wiping the HD and reinstalling? How about the product key? Thanks.
> --
> WTM

EhlersT

Bubba wrote:
> I built a HTPC with XP Pro x64 Edition as thge OS. I had problems finding
> Internet Security software and a wireless card. BitDefender had a beta
> version and Abit had a PCI-E card. I had to find an antenna with a longer
> lead. It took a while to locate one. I did not write down my Administrator
> password so now I cannot get on the PC. Is there anything I can do short of
> wiping the HD and reinstalling? How about the product key? Thanks.

Dont repair install

Use the offline NT Password Registry editor

Just blank out your admin passwords

http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/