Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Why do my linked images move around?

Why do my linked images move around?

Rich Bradshaw

Hi,

Just designing http://www.katemya.com/display.php - images are links
so I can use Lightbox, but when I hover over them the images move up
and down as if padding is changing - more noticable in Firefox really,
but really annoying.

I have done this sort of thing before with out problems - any ideas?

css is at http://www.katemya.com/default.css

Thanks very much - it's rather annoying me!

Richard

Bone Ur

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 07:29:48 GMT Rich Bradshaw wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just designing http://www.katemya.com/display.php - images are links
> so I can use Lightbox, but when I hover over them the images move up
> and down as if padding is changing - more noticable in Firefox really,
> but really annoying.
>
> I have done this sort of thing before with out problems - any ideas?
>
> css is at http://www.katemya.com/default.css
>
> Thanks very much - it's rather annoying me!

I get no jumping effect in either ie or ff.

--
Bone Ur
Cavemen have stronger pheromones.

dorayme

In article <Xns99D61D7FE51EDboneurhyphe@194.177.96.78>,
Bone Ur <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 07:29:48 GMT Rich Bradshaw wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just designing http://www.katemya.com/display.php - images are links
> > so I can use Lightbox, but when I hover over them the images move up
> > and down as if padding is changing - more noticable in Firefox really,
> > but really annoying.
> >
> > I have done this sort of thing before with out problems - any ideas?
> >
> > css is at http://www.katemya.com/default.css
> >
> > Thanks very much - it's rather annoying me!

> I get no jumping effect in either ie or ff.

Nor on any of my browsers. BTW, nice page. Nifty looking
enlargement window. It degrades in MacIE to an almost normal
opening of the link in a new page with some messages about the
page being secure, when one uses back biuttons, a warning that
one is going to an unsecured page.

Anyway, about the pop up window proper in modern browsers, it
might be a thought to have the next and back button appear when
mouse is just entering the bottom area to close the window at the
cross. Otherwise it might not be brought to the attention of all
viewers for whom this facility works well that there are these
buttons. True, most will probably discover them as I did by
mousing distractedly over the photo of the card.

--
dorayme