Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Can someone help with Firefox question?

Can someone help with Firefox question?

Rom

On Mon, 5 Nov 2007 21:03:51 -0600, Loka-Moshin wrote:

> "Rom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:tvqtjrwqpb1a$.a3vbi8gb2gow$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Mon, 5 Nov 2007 15:45:53 -0600, Loka-Moshin wrote:
>>
>>> "Rom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:1arx53qb8nhig$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> [...]
>>>
>>> Thanks. I downloaded it. It only shows the TIFs for the day, not all
>>> the
>>> TIFs.

>> I just had another look at the extension, with a couple of days in a
>> profile,

> What does "a couple of days in a profile" mean? Remember I'm new to Mozilla
> Firefox so don't know the terminology.

You wrote it only shows TIFs for the day. A profile is where your
settings, bookmarks, extensions, TIFs etc. are stored. In Firefox you
can create and have more than one profile, which can be useful. In
this profile I had some TIFs from yesterday, opened a site today, so I
had TIFs for more than one day. There wasn't many TIFs but I was able
to view the TIFs from both days in CacheViewer.

> and could see different dates after adding the Last Modified
>> column by using the icon at the right of the column headings.

> I added the "last modified column" and still only see today's TIFs.

Okay. If you haven't changed the settings in Firefox or been clearing
the cache (TIFs)/ Private Data, I'll have to get back to you when I
have more days of TIFs.

--
Rom

dino

Loka-Moshin wrote:

> "dino" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Found it and there was no list of Temp Internet Files (TIFs) where
>>> you can choose to keep one and remove another as in MSIE. How is that
>>> list found in WE? The path below leads to a list of meaningless
>>> numbers and not the list of TIFs.
>>>
>>> C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application
>>> Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\uby8hjsk.default\Cac he

>> View the history via FF

> What is FF?
>
> with it open and you will get a list in the
>> sidebar with all the pages listed by name.

> There are no pages listed by name and no sidebar, just numbers such as
> DBFF5EB6d01. How can I possibly know what website that is?
>
> Right-click and delete
>> individually the ones you don't want displayed. Simple.

> What is FF and how do I bring up a sidebar in WE to see them individually?

FF = Firefox

The sidebar is opened from within Firefox when you open the History as
explained above or pressing Ctrl + H

Justin

Loka-Moshin wrote on [Mon, 5 Nov 2007 21:06:02 -0600]:

> "Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote in message news:fgo914$fp9$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Loka-Moshin wrote:
>>
>>> What is FF and how do I bring up a sidebar in WE to see them
>>> individually?

>> FF [or FX] is short for Firefox. I have no idea where you're getting this
>> WE from.

> WE means windows-explorer. There is no sidebar in the MozillaFirefox
> browser.

if you follow the instructions you are given, you will notice that there
will be a sidebar within firefox if you hit ctrl-H

Rom

On Tue, 6 Nov 2007 18:56:20 +1100, Rom wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Nov 2007 21:03:51 -0600, Loka-Moshin wrote:

[...]

>> I added the "last modified column" and still only see today's TIFs.

> Okay. If you haven't changed the settings in Firefox or been clearing
> the cache (TIFs)/ Private Data, I'll have to get back to you when I
> have more days of TIFs.

I now have TIFs from four days and can see them in CacheViewer.
The different dates are also shown in the "Last Modified" column.

--
Rom