Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > any one complete MSD.NET and go on to do MCDBA?

any one complete MSD.NET and go on to do MCDBA?

Peter Row

Hi,

I'm aiming for the MCSD.NET and have so far completed 70-316 Win apps.
I'm now going for 70-315 Web apps.

For the elective exam I'm going to do 70-229 SQL Server 2000 Db Design &
Imp.
This exam forms part of the MCDBA. And either of the above exams can be
used as the elective for the MCDBA. This only leaves 2 exams to do to gain
the
MCDBA certification as well.

Has anyone gone from doing the MCSD.NET and completed the extra 2 exams
needed to get the MCDBA. If so which exams did you do and what were your
experiences of doing them.

Regards,
Peter

DST

This is my MCSD .NET track: 70-305, 70-306, 70-310, 70-229, 70-300

I went on for a MCSE 2003/Security (I made a career move: from
development to security), and started with
70-290 and 70-228, after which I got my MCDBA.

If your goal is MCDBA, go for 70-290, not for 70-291. 70-290 is easier,
because you don't need to know a lot about networking (except maybe
configuring a network interface).
You could also take Exam 70-215 (Windows 2000), it's probably easier.
I also did 70-270 and found it pretty similar to 70-290, so if you
don't have much experience with W2K3 but have a lot of experience
administering XP, studying for 70-290 will be easier.

I've worked as a consultant at a small company were I had to "cover"
the full development life-cycle of a back-end application, from
requirements to production, so I also had a lot of hands-on time with
MS SQL.
I didn't have to study a lot for 70-228, but I made sure to review the
stuff about database files, and also to know the syntax of the
commands.
You won't get questions about the enterprise manager, you need to know
how to do everything with T-SQL.
Example: if you get a question about creating a database, the answers
will show SQL syntax, and not EM screenshots.

It all depends on your knowledge and experience.

Success,

DST

=?Utf-8?B?cndhZGE=?=

hello,Peter.
i've already passed 70-316 and now going for 70-315.
do you have an msn account?
i would like to add u to my msn contract lists.
thanks.