Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Need import Wep Key

Need import Wep Key

tomd

I work with serveral users and sometimes you need to replace HDs or reimage
there laptops I need to know were XP stores the wep key for thier wireless
networks. I would like to restore that for them as many users just forget
the wep.

Barb Bowman

WEP isn't safe. You should encourage users to switch to using WPA2
or at least WPA. You can setup a network using a USB flash key and
store the info on it for future use. This works with both XP and
Vista.

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP