Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > remove IE7 and replace with IE6

Reply
Thread Tools

remove IE7 and replace with IE6

 
 
Geoff Pearson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-26-2007
I have a computer which seems never to have had IE6 but has IE7.

I need to put IE6 on this machine and remove IE7.

How do I do that - there is no roll-back nor update to remove?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
sittingduck
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-26-2007
Geoff Pearson wrote:

> How do I do that - there is no roll-back nor update to remove?


http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...IE7%3F&spell=1

--
http://improve-usenet.org
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Geoff Pearson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-26-2007

"sittingduck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns99D566C3CFA76duckrulestheuniverse@invalid. quakefour.net...
> Geoff Pearson wrote:
>
>> How do I do that - there is no roll-back nor update to remove?

>
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...IE7%3F&spell=1
>
> --
> http://improve-usenet.org


Thank you - this is no use, IE6 was never on this machine.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Gordon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-26-2007
"Geoff Pearson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "sittingduck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns99D566C3CFA76duckrulestheuniverse@invalid. quakefour.net...
>> Geoff Pearson wrote:
>>
>>> How do I do that - there is no roll-back nor update to remove?

>>
>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...IE7%3F&spell=1
>>
>> --
>> http://improve-usenet.org

>
> Thank you - this is no use, IE6 was never on this machine.
>
>



Does the machine have Vista installed? Only IE7 works with vista.....


 
Reply With Quote
 
Geoff Pearson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-26-2007

"Gordon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fft8je$hpa$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Geoff Pearson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "sittingduck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:Xns99D566C3CFA76duckrulestheuniverse@invalid. quakefour.net...
>>> Geoff Pearson wrote:
>>>
>>>> How do I do that - there is no roll-back nor update to remove?
>>>
>>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...IE7%3F&spell=1
>>>
>>> --
>>> http://improve-usenet.org

>>
>> Thank you - this is no use, IE6 was never on this machine.
>>
>>

>
>
> Does the machine have Vista installed? Only IE7 works with vista.....
>


No, it is XP SP2 Home Edition


 
Reply With Quote
 
Gordon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-26-2007
"Geoff Pearson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Gordon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:fft8je$hpa$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Geoff Pearson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> "sittingduck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:Xns99D566C3CFA76duckrulestheuniverse@invalid. quakefour.net...
>>>> Geoff Pearson wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> How do I do that - there is no roll-back nor update to remove?
>>>>
>>>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...IE7%3F&spell=1
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> http://improve-usenet.org
>>>
>>> Thank you - this is no use, IE6 was never on this machine.
>>>
>>>

>>
>>
>> Does the machine have Vista installed? Only IE7 works with vista.....
>>

>
> No, it is XP SP2 Home Edition
>
>



then it MUST have had IE6 on it at the beginning....
Go to Control panel-Add/remove programs and uninstall it. Your system will
revert to IE6 automatically on re-boot...


 
Reply With Quote
 
port of call
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-26-2007
sittingduck wrote:
> Geoff Pearson wrote:
>
>> How do I do that - there is no roll-back nor update to remove?

>
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...IE7%3F&spell=1
>

I saw your post above and wonder if you are running vista or some
windows system that came with ie7. I use IE7 and fire fox and like them
both. The Tab browsing is great and IE7PRO is a ad on that takes ads
and controls IE6 or IE7. The IE7 is part of the windows operating
system there is no way to take it out. I have switched from IE7 back to
IE6 but my windows XP started with IE6. My wife wants to stay with IE6
and I think she is crazy there is so much more in IE7 and you can use
IEpro to control it and take out ads. http://www.ie7pro.com/
Have a very wonderful day,
Mumbai Hawk
 
Reply With Quote
 
sittingduck
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-26-2007
Geoff Pearson wrote:

> Thank you - this is no use, IE6 was never on this machine.


It is plenty of use. You are just lazy and want someone to hold your hand and
spoonfeed you an answer. Maybe someone will take pity on you and do so....

--
http://improve-usenet.org
 
Reply With Quote
 
Geoff Pearson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-27-2007

"Gordon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fftc7j$rra$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Geoff Pearson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Gordon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:fft8je$hpa$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> "Geoff Pearson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>>
>>>> "sittingduck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>> news:Xns99D566C3CFA76duckrulestheuniverse@invalid. quakefour.net...
>>>>> Geoff Pearson wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> How do I do that - there is no roll-back nor update to remove?
>>>>>
>>>>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...IE7%3F&spell=1
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> http://improve-usenet.org
>>>>
>>>> Thank you - this is no use, IE6 was never on this machine.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Does the machine have Vista installed? Only IE7 works with vista.....
>>>

>>
>> No, it is XP SP2 Home Edition
>>
>>

>
>
> then it MUST have had IE6 on it at the beginning....
> Go to Control panel-Add/remove programs and uninstall it. Your system will
> revert to IE6 automatically on re-boot...
>


I am used to doing that on other machines - but there is no IE7 entry in
add/remove (even with Microsoft updates showing) - only its recent updates.

I am trying to make this machine look and behave like 3 others which are
used together in a school in Spain - all of which have IE6.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Gordon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-27-2007
"Geoff Pearson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> I am used to doing that on other machines - but there is no IE7 entry in
> add/remove (even with Microsoft updates showing) - only its recent
> updates.


It's under WINDOWS Internet Explorer.....


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IE7 and IE7 64-bit in Vista 64-bit 007 Windows 64bit 1 10-28-2008 08:46 PM
[ANNOUNCE] IETester v0.2 : IE6, IE7 and IE8 beta 1 on Vista and XP! Jean-Fabrice RABAUTE Javascript 0 03-20-2008 01:09 PM
My movement of banner is not working in IE6, works in IE7 and Firefox, and Safari Terry Javascript 1 10-20-2007 09:38 PM
Can IE7 X64 and IE6 X32 cohabitate and function with no problems? =?Utf-8?B?RGVuaXNl?= Windows 64bit 14 03-06-2007 04:39 PM
Bug in IE6 , cant remove ie6 to replace Ockerr Computer Support 2 01-21-2005 04:01 PM



Advertisments