Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Partner needed

Partner needed

Project_ADM

hello friends,
i am a nonjava professional and looking for java professionals those
who can make software with me, the concept, the design and the
knowldge and marketing would be mine and continous developement will
be yours, I am looking partner on profit sharing basis,
the front end or GUI would a standalon appliation not a explorer based
software,
rest all details will be on interest shown by ur self

thanks
deepak sachdeva

Hunter Gratzner

On Oct 25, 8:30 pm, Project_ADM <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> hello friends,
> i am a nonjava professional and looking for java professionals those
> who can make software with me, the concept, the design and the
> knowldge and marketing would be mine and continous developement will
> be yours,

So you are looking for an idiot ...

> I am looking partner on profit sharing basis,

.... willing to work for free? And when someone cooks the books there
will never nominally be a profit?

If you need a programmer hire on and pay him, instead of making
unspecified promises of profit sharing.

Mark Space

Hunter Gratzner wrote:

> So you are looking for an idiot ...
>

> ... willing to work for free?

Well, that would pretty much define "idiot," wouldn't it?

Kenneth P. Turvey

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 15:26:54 -0700, Mark Space wrote:

> Well, that would pretty much define "idiot," wouldn't it?

And he doesn't even really sell the idea well.

"Hey, I'll come up with an idea.. you spend the next 18 months
implementing it, and then I'll share the money with you... I promise."

--
Kenneth P. Turvey <(E-Mail Removed)>

Wildemar Wildenburger

Mark Space wrote:
> Hunter Gratzner wrote:
>
>> So you are looking for an idiot ...
>>

>> ... willing to work for free?

> Well, that would pretty much define "idiot," wouldn't it?

If you mean "An idiot willing to work for free" is an idiot, you are, by
definition, correct.

If you mean "A person willing to work for free" is an idiot, I disagree.
I would call such a person an enthusiast. If he or she starves while
working for free, that's of course a whole different story.

/W

Lew

Wildemar Wildenburger wrote:
> Mark Space wrote:
>> Hunter Gratzner wrote:
>>
>>> So you are looking for an idiot ...
>>>

>>> ... willing to work for free?

>> Well, that would pretty much define "idiot," wouldn't it?

> If you mean "An idiot willing to work for free" is an idiot, you are, by
> definition, correct.
>
> If you mean "A person willing to work for free" is an idiot, I disagree.
> I would call such a person an enthusiast. If he or she starves while
> working for free, that's of course a whole different story.

We're in the narrow context of working for the OP on a commercial project for
free, as I read the comment. The characterization could be made more accurate
with an editorial interjection: one who is "... willing to work [for the OP]
for free ..." exemplifies (not defines) an idiot.

I had the same thought about the general case. Are open-source project
contributors idiots? Of course not (in general). Would someone working for
the OP be an idiot? In the sense of performing a thankless task for a con
artist without recompense, thus perpetrating and expanding the con, presumably.

--
Lew