Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless router and Windows 98

Wireless router and Windows 98

Andy .T

I have a wireless -G linksys router connected to my xp machine via cable and
want to run my windows 98 machine wireless.
The problem is the set up disk that came with the Wireless -G usb network
adaptor is not compatible with W98, I just get a can't install software
message.
Linksys web site has drivers for W98 but when I install the driver on W98 I
don't get any configuration options for the adapter.
Any ideas please?
TIA.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi

Might be that it cannot work with Win98.

Otherwise, may be this can Help.

If you tried to install the drivers before and it did not work, it might
left behind a ghost installation in the Device manager.

Look here (The pick is Win XP, Win98 has a similar device manager),
http://www.ezlan.net/faq#ghost

With the USB card out delete the Ghost, reboot, and install again the
software. Plug the card only after you installed the software.

Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:0TvDf.23499$(E-Mail Removed)...